What is your RC LiPo of choice in 2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Community Leader
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave EXB
RC LiPo companies come and go (rip SPC) and RC LiPo batteries are constantly changing and improving.

So to stay current, we are doing an annual thread and what to know what you thank are the best RC LiPo batteries. Tell us which LiPo batteries have offered you the best performance, lifespan and price.

If you see a LiPo battery already mentioned, be sure to up vote that reply!
1611703993154.png

If you're looking for suggestions on a lipo charger, be sure to read Recommend me a battery charger. If you're unsure about how to store a LiPo battery, then check out How to store a LiPo battery.

Get previous years recommendations in the original What's your "budget" LiPo of choice? thread.

That said, what are the best RC LiPo batteries for 2021?

Short story here...

GenA might make okay batteries but their terrible business practices is what makes them censored on all my sites. They spammed nearly everyone of my site constantly was asked to stop and even offered a vendor status on the site - the ignored it and continued to spam the site. Now anyone from their company using a GenA email has been banned from registering and any mention of them gets censored to show their terrible business practices.

And now you know. ;) :D
I did a short search and could find only you with that expirience. Did you consider that it was a bot who made that in the name of gensacearespammers? Or anything else which went wrong? Blocking them and saying they are spammers is controdicting to your so called freedom in your forum.

Any good budget 6s hardcase out there?

Any good budget 6s hardcase out there?
Not that I know of for 6s hardcase and budget. Now, if you get 2 3s Lipos then your options open up a lot more. Hrb have some cheap 3s Lipos in hardcase, but you'll need to run 2 of them for 6s obviously. Goldbat also has some deals atm on 3s hardcase.

Last edited:
Not that I know of for 6s hardcase and budget. Now, if you get 2 3s Lipos then your options open up a lot more. Hrb have some cheap 3s Lipos in hardcase, but you'll need to run 2 of them for 6s obviously. Goldbat also has some deals atm on 3s hardcase.
I’ve got 2 hoovo 3s 6200’s that I’ve got to uncomfortably shoehorn in the batt tray now. Really like the batts but space is limited.

I don't know of any cheap hardcase 6s. You can always get some budget 6s 6000mah softcase lipos like Socokin, Zeee, etc and make your own hardcase with cheap abs plastic sheet and cut it then wrap in gorilla tape. Just a thought.

This would work, just make sure it is really thin plastic sheet / sheets.

My favorite has been my old Turnigy Graphene 6s 5000 /45C pack. It's been lightly abused (left fully charged for weeks, drawn too low, gotten too hot...) and the internal resistance is still low. Still takes a charge, still is punchy, and hasn't puffed at all.

I just picked up a couple SMC DV 5000 6s packs this morning, excited to test them when they arrive.

Ya, I have also heard bad things from awanfi. I run HRB 3s in parralel for 6s Powar!
I though parallel was double the run time and series was double the voltage... or am I just dumb?

I though parallel was double the run time and series was double the voltage... or am I just dumb?
Awanfi is bassicly poop. I learned sponsored products are almost always poop. If it wasnt poop they would be sponsored to begin with
Me being me i went under 3v on one of my hrb twice lets just say i didnt want to carry my truck in the snow so i pushed it up Til i was back home or to the car. Got it back at good voltage and began charging at 2 amps til i hit storage. Internal resistance is still under 8mohm
Went up by 3mohm if i remember to the aVg of that baterry but awanfi its 20momh per cell its bassicly one cell is the resistance of the whole hrb pack almost lmao

I like Zeee 3S LiPo batteries for most of my vehicles. I do have a couple of Traxxas batteries. The Zeees have been great and they are relatively inexpensive (I paid $34.99 for two 2200mah batteries at Amazon). I’ve never had a problem with them.

I have a pair of HRB 5,000 mAh 50C, a pair of DXF 5,000 mAh 50C, and a pair of Zeee 6,000 mAh 60C 3S batteries. Of these I would rate the Zeee the best, both in terms of power, run time, and build quality. Little things like much more substantial/higher quality balance connectors on the Zeee batteries make them an even better choice. Great batteries for bashing.

New here...
I just wanted to voice my appreciation for this site as I'm getting back into rc trucks (mainly b/c my little one). Used to have a nitro when I was younger, got on my wife's good side and allowed me to get back into it and bought the Granite mega 550 and loving it.

I just ordered a few...
Gen Ace 5200 basher series

They look relatively new wondering if anyone have tried them out and what their thoughts are on them?

New here...
I just wanted to voice my appreciation for this site as I'm getting back into rc trucks (mainly b/c my little one). Used to have a nitro when I was younger, got on my wife's good side and allowed me to get back into it and bought the Granite mega 550 and loving it.

I just ordered a few...
Gen Ace 5200 basher series

They look relatively new wondering if anyone have tried them out and what their thoughts are on them?
So far I hear good things about them, I haven't seen any complaints yet, but I thought I saw a post on here where someone broke the case on one but they did have a pretty nasty crash.

turnigy 6s 60c heavy duty have been the best price and longest lasting lipos for me. not as powerful as the turnigy panthers but have lasted longer and almost half the price
I had one but I damaged it when bashing one day 😔 awesome battery though.

As discussed in previous threads , hard case vs soft , it is funny , I run 4s Powerhobby and the ones that are failing ( puffing , one cell significantly lower volt than the others ) are the hard case . All my soft case , which are 3s and 6s are fine . Was gonna try a new brand , gensacearespammers / Yowoo / HRB / ZEEE or Turnigy . Still shopping , the ZEEE has something I like 7000mah 100c for $143 .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back