What is your RC LiPo of choice in 2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Community Leader
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave EXB
RC LiPo companies come and go (rip SPC) and RC LiPo batteries are constantly changing and improving.

So to stay current, we are doing an annual thread and what to know what you thank are the best RC LiPo batteries. Tell us which LiPo batteries have offered you the best performance, lifespan and price.

If you see a LiPo battery already mentioned, be sure to up vote that reply!
1611703993154.png

If you're looking for suggestions on a lipo charger, be sure to read Recommend me a battery charger. If you're unsure about how to store a LiPo battery, then check out How to store a LiPo battery.

Get previous years recommendations in the original What's your "budget" LiPo of choice? thread.

That said, what are the best RC LiPo batteries for 2021?

I'm still very happy with my Zeee's. They are holding up very well, better than CNHL white or black.
Thats good to hear , very close to buying these Zeee's and giving them a try . I haven't found any bad about them yet . But it kinda makes me wonder as they are so cheap , for (2) 4s 7000mah 100c $143 , that's cheap . The Power hobby 4s are 6500mah 100c and are $99 each .

Last edited:
You should wonder why the others are that expensive instead :ROFLMAO:
Called marketing and brand name. Neither one of them is 100C either but that is a different bowl of wax altogether.

Thats good to hear , very close to buying these Zeee's and giving them a try . I haven't found any bad about them yet . But it kinda makes me wonder as they are so cheap , for (2) 4s 7000mah 100c $143 , that's cheap . The Power hobby 4s are 6500mah 100c and are $99 each .

Where are you finding the zeee 100c in stock? i can only find the 50c versions, just picked up a kraton 6s v5 and wanted to snag some batteries as the one my local hobby shop uses are $160 per battery

Last edited:
I also use spectrum 6s 5000 50c battery and have a couple 3s spectrum 5000 50c which came with the Spectrum 2100 charger great combo(y).

Zeee has been good to me. Great pricing, balanced cells, low IR and really high external build quality. I wasn't expecting such high build quality from a budget lipo. By this I mean the wiring, main connector, balance lead wiring and connector, the outer case, even the box they come in is nice.
I think the mAh rating is exaggerated by a factor of around 10% to 20% but it still prices in and performs well factoring this in. C ratings are exaggerated also but not by an extreme amount. I have some of their 100c batteries and while they're certainly no slouch, they're certainly not 100c. I'd guestimate they're around 60-70c in reality which really isn't that bad.

I love Turnigy batteries, been using them for many years and they always perform well and last longer than other brands I have.

Been doing some research , as I did when I was buying automotive lifts . A lot of the auto lifts are produced in the same chinese factory re=branded in different names / colors . Reading today that a lot of these lipo batteries are made in only a handfull of factories and are re-branded in different names , can't confirm this though. Example , I had a New Wave and a Powerhobby 4s hard case that looked totally identical , case / wires / grommet / etc made by the same company ???
These ZEEE might be made the same way ??? Anyway , I am willing to give them a try , cuase one each of my New Wave and Powerhobby have puffed and have a bad cell . FWIW , none of my soft case batteries did this .

All Lipos will puff if you run them to LVC or below 3.6V. Stop prior, it will be cheaper in the longrun.
They will also puff if you run a setup that demands more current than they can deliver. Large motors, heavier rigs, and taller gearing can draw a lot of current and if you exceed what the battery can handle you will damage it and it may puff.

I have several cheap battery brands from Amazon, but the Zeee are the best quality and performance for a great price so far. I'll be buying more Zeee and no more DXF. HRB is ok but Zeee has been better for me. gens-ace-r-spam has been decent also.

They will also puff if you run a setup that demands more current than they can deliver. Large motors, heavier rigs, and taller gearing can draw a lot of current and if you exceed what the battery can handle you will damage it and it may puff.

I have several cheap battery brands from Amazon, but the Zeee are the best quality and performance for a great price so far. I'll be buying more Zeee and no more DXF. HRB is ok but Zeee has been better for me. gens-ace-r-spam has been decent also.
That's the only time I've had one noticeably puff. I had 2 brand new traxxas 3S 5000mah packs that I tried for the first time in my outcast. Made it 5 minutes and one puffed. Bought them for my v1 brushless revo before finding out it doesn't like 6S, so I never used them and they sat for 2 years at storage voltage.

I have had very good luck with the CNHL BLACK SERIES 5000MAH 22.2V 6S 65C. Very well priced and no puffing after 1 year of use.

1618443521547.png

RC LiPo companies come and go (rip SPC) and RC LiPo batteries are constantly changing and improving.

So to stay current, we are doing an annual thread and what to know what you thank are the best RC LiPo batteries. Tell us which LiPo batteries have offered you the best performance, lifespan and price.

If you see a LiPo battery already mentioned, be sure to up vote that reply!
View attachment 122593

If you're looking for suggestions on a lipo charger, be sure to read Recommend me a battery charger. If you're unsure about how to store a LiPo battery, then check out How to store a LiPo battery.

Get previous years recommendations in the original What's your "budget" LiPo of choice? thread.

That said, what are the best RC LiPo batteries for 2021?
I also use spectrum 6s 5000 50c battery and have a couple 3s spectrum 5000 50c which came with the Spectrum 2100 charger great combo(y).
All Lipos will puff if you run them to LVC or below 3.6V. Stop prior, it will be cheaper in the longrun.
Can you explain LVC to me please?
Thanks!

Can you explain LVC to me please?
Thanks!
Lipo batteries don’t like to fall bellow a certain voltage. They will self destruct. Lvc or low voltage cutoff is a set voltage in the esc that once met will cut power to motor. Signalling you to change packs. I would reccomend setting your esc to your battery manufacturer specifications. Smc lipo reccomends lvc be set to 3.6volts per cell. Other manufacturers that produce higher internal resistance packs often have a lower lvc voltage at 3.2 volts/cell. If you can’t find the data, contact the manufacturer:)

Last edited:
I have the same setup.
Curious if you manually set your charge amps.
I’ve been setting my charge amps at 5.
Is that wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back