What is your RC LiPo of choice in 2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Community Leader
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave EXB
RC LiPo companies come and go (rip SPC) and RC LiPo batteries are constantly changing and improving.

So to stay current, we are doing an annual thread and what to know what you thank are the best RC LiPo batteries. Tell us which LiPo batteries have offered you the best performance, lifespan and price.

If you see a LiPo battery already mentioned, be sure to up vote that reply!
1611703993154.png

If you're looking for suggestions on a lipo charger, be sure to read Recommend me a battery charger. If you're unsure about how to store a LiPo battery, then check out How to store a LiPo battery.

Get previous years recommendations in the original What's your "budget" LiPo of choice? thread.

That said, what are the best RC LiPo batteries for 2021?

Lipo batteries don’t like to fall bellow a certain voltage. They will self destruct. Lvc or low voltage cutoff is a set voltage in the esc that once met will cut power to motor. Signalling you to change packs. I would reccomend setting your esc to your battery manufacturer specifications. Smc lipo reccomends lvc be set to 3.6volts per cell. Other manufacturers that produce higher internal resistance packs often have a lower lvc voltage at 3.2 volts/cell. If you can’t find the data, contact the manufacturer:)
Just starting to get educated on this battery technology. I have a Typhon 6s v5 with the Firma ESC. Looking in the manual and the default settings it says the BEC voltage is set at 7.4 but I don't know how that relates to LVC. The optional setting is 6.0 V. Nothing stated regarding LVC.
Should I not be running the car until it stops?
I really love learning more stuff at my old age!
Thanks!

BEC is unrelated to LVC.

I believe the Firma ESCs are set to 3.4V and this isn't configurable. I'm not 100% certain as I'm going on memory here, but I do recall the LVC setting being locked out and set to 3.4V, on the latest firmware when connected to PC.

Just starting to get educated on this battery technology. I have a Typhon 6s v5 with the Firma ESC. Looking in the manual and the default settings it says the BEC voltage is set at 7.4 but I don't know how that relates to LVC. The optional setting is 6.0 V. Nothing stated regarding LVC.
Should I not be running the car until it stops?
I really love learning more stuff at my old age!
Thanks!
Your in luck John from rc juice posted This video today :) bec voltage is the voltage your receiver and servo get supplied by the esc

I love me some SMC batteries but for some reason I've decided to give your PowerHobby 6s LiPo's a try. Should be here next week!
I agree , I have a 6s , and (2) 3s Powerhobby batts for my 6s rigs , well over a year old now , don't know how many cycles , but they still perform and balance very close on all cells to date . they are soft packs . However , one of my HP Powerhobby 4s is puffing just slightly .
I just bought 2 more Powerhobby 3s soft packs , 5200mah 50c $94 , cutting off the XT60 and putting on TRX plugs and these are dedicated for my UDR now .

For the Infraction, I am looking for a longer run time....

Any recommendations out there for:

3S
8000mah
100C

Not stuck on those numbers outside of 3S cannot change but want to be above 6000mah. Many brands you all seen to recommend in that range trying to get past my 10min run time since I have throttle happy end empty out fast?

if only it's available:
https://www.gensacearespammers.com/ga-b-100c-8000-3s1p-ec5.html
https://www.gensacearespammers.com/ga-b-100c-15000-3s2p-ec5.html

The second one should offer significant runtime improvement...

RC LiPo companies come and go (rip SPC) and RC LiPo batteries are constantly changing and improving.

So to stay current, we are doing an annual thread and what to know what you thank are the best RC LiPo batteries. Tell us which LiPo batteries have offered you the best performance, lifespan and price.

If you see a LiPo battery already mentioned, be sure to up vote that reply!
View attachment 122593

If you're looking for suggestions on a lipo charger, be sure to read Recommend me a battery charger. If you're unsure about how to store a LiPo battery, then check out How to store a LiPo battery.

Get previous years recommendations in the original What's your "budget" LiPo of choice? thread.

That said, what are the best RC LiPo batteries for 2021?
My Favorite Lipos Are The NHX Musclepaks / Ive Got 6 of them Rite Now . 3s 6000mah 75c / Running In My Felony Mainly/ And I use Only 3 Brands NHX Musclepaks, Ovonic and HRB. HRB and Ovonic I Run In Infractions, Talion,Kraton.

For the Infraction, I am looking for a longer run time....

Any recommendations out there for:

3S
8000mah
100C

Not stuck on those numbers outside of 3S cannot change but want to be above 6000mah. Many brands you all seen to recommend in that range trying to get past my 10min run time since I have throttle happy end empty out fast?
NHX Musclepaks are A1 Lipos Wont Be Disappointed.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NHX-Muscle...-/133631096237?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

BEC is unrelated to LVC.

I believe the Firma ESCs are set to 3.4V and this isn't configurable. I'm not 100% certain as I'm going on memory here, but I do recall the LVC setting being locked out and set to 3.4V, on the latest firmware when connected to PC.
You can Change it with the Spektrum Programmer. No worries

You can Change it with the Spektrum Programmer. No worries
You can't though. The programmer completely skips that option, and when connected to a PC via USB link that option is blanked out and not configurable.

For new packs I typically go with SMC but have noticed they have been inconsistent on having things in stock lately. I also have some old Turnigy 2S hard case packs that have served me well.
And the X-maxx uses a pair of HRB's from Amazon (SMC didn't have any in stock and I couldn't wait to drive the thing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back