What is your RC LiPo of choice in 2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Community Leader
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave EXB
RC LiPo companies come and go (rip SPC) and RC LiPo batteries are constantly changing and improving.

So to stay current, we are doing an annual thread and what to know what you thank are the best RC LiPo batteries. Tell us which LiPo batteries have offered you the best performance, lifespan and price.

If you see a LiPo battery already mentioned, be sure to up vote that reply!
1611703993154.png

If you're looking for suggestions on a lipo charger, be sure to read Recommend me a battery charger. If you're unsure about how to store a LiPo battery, then check out How to store a LiPo battery.

Get previous years recommendations in the original What's your "budget" LiPo of choice? thread.

That said, what are the best RC LiPo batteries for 2021?

Lectron pro 3s 5200 75c. Been going strong for 2 years now lost count of cycles... And gens 4s 7200 70c so far has been a really good lipo.. really surprised on the compact size

I use HRB and Zee brands. I do notice a difference between the two. The specs are slightly different tho. HRB 5000mah 50c vs Zee 5200mah 60c. It feels like the Zee batteries have more power in the first half of use vs the HRB then for the last half they feel similar. Hope that makes sense.

Maybe I'm feeling the extra discharge power of the 60c? Idk.

Hrb have been good to me so far. Well over 143 cycles and they still balance perfect. Also i don't storagecharge as much as i should. Pretty good price. Only complain i have is the 6000mah hardcase 3s stacked is very tight in a nv4, also the leads need to be in center more instead of the corner but iv had no issues.

gensacearespammers for the euros here! It's basically the only brand with reviews, the rest are unknown ones like tattu.
gensacearespammers is also the only one with higher C ratings

By the way, who else gets this when they type gensacearespammers?

SMC True Spec and True Spec Extreme hardcase LiPo's has been my go to LiPo batteries for the last several years.

Awesome LiPo batteries for a good price.
@WoodiE my go to lipos for my v2 Infraction are my SMC Tru Spec Extreme V2 soft packs 💪 💪
True Spec Extreme V2's.jpeg

Last edited:
I like my 6s 5000mah HRBs so far they work great. I had one die but they replaced it no problem. My awanfi's are just garbage, one blew up in it's hard case the other still "works" but has a cpl sketchy cells. I only use it for my rukus or boost, if they catch fire oh well atleast it's not my kraton. I am waiting for my new china hobby 6200 6s to come, got a deal I couldn't pass up.

Last edited:
By the way, who else gets this when they type gensacearespammers?
Short story here...

GenA might make okay batteries but their terrible business practices is what makes them censored on all my sites. They spammed nearly everyone of my site constantly was asked to stop and even offered a vendor status on the site - the ignored it and continued to spam the site. Now anyone from their company using a GenA email has been banned from registering and any mention of them gets censored to show their terrible business practices.

And now you know. ;) :D

I've used Venom and zeee. Venom is a great company and warranty their products, but for less than half the cost the zeee batteries are hard to beat and they hold up well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back