What is your RC LiPo of choice in 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Community Leader
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave EXB
This is the 2022 version of the "What is your RC LiPo battery of choice"... yeah it's March and I'm a little late, but it's better than never. ;) :D

Since RC LiPo companies come and go and RC LiPo batteries technologies are constantly changing and improving. We are doing an annual thread and what to know what you thank are the best RC LiPo batteries. Tell us which LiPo batteries have offered you the best performance, lifespan and price.

If you're looking for suggestions on a lipo charger, be sure to read Recommend me a battery charger. If you're unsure about how to store a LiPo battery, then check out How to store a LiPo battery.

If you're curious, you can get the previous 2021 LiPo battery recommendations.

That said, what are the best RC LiPo batteries for 2022?

I still haven't found a better battery than Yowoo graphenes. My Zee, Socokins, and the CNHL racing packs I have all fail in comparison to the punch the Yowoo graphenes put out. I'm actually hoping I find an alternative because the yowoo's only come in 6000mah and I'd like a little bigger but then they probably wouldn't even fit in the trays as it's already a tight fit :ROFLMAO:

This is the 2022 version of the "What is your RC LiPo battery of choice"... yeah it's March and I'm a little late, but it's better than never. ;) :D

Since RC LiPo companies come and go and RC LiPo batteries technologies are constantly changing and improving. We are doing an annual thread and what to know what you thank are the best RC LiPo batteries. Tell us which LiPo batteries have offered you the best performance, lifespan and price.

If you're looking for suggestions on a lipo charger, be sure to read Recommend me a battery charger. If you're unsure about how to store a LiPo battery, then check out How to store a LiPo battery.

That said, what are the best RC LiPo

CNHL batteries. The only reasonable thing I would change about them is for them to have different connectors.
SMC are solid batteries. Good balance between cost and durability.

That said, what are the best RC LiPo batteries for 2022?
Not ashamed to admit I have a pile of Zeee and Hoovo Amazon specials. I've been impressed with the punch of the Hoovo packs given their low price point. I didn't that these discount brands would enjoy a long life, but I have not noticed any decrease in performance or signs of failure. I bought a some CNHL racing series packs this winter and haven't had a chance to try those out yet (more snow in the forecast for this weekend).

I like my 2S Zeee but the 3S one did not last long.
I like my 4S CNHL 5000mah 55c I use them in my 8S Felony.
I like my Traxxas batteries, but the wires are coming out of the connectors and if you buy them new, they cost an arm and a leg.
I also use other cheap batteries, but I think my favorite is the Zeee hard case 5200mph 2s.

Edit: The old 4S Hoovo that came with my Felony was just as good as the new CNHL, was not able to use it much since I messed up the cell wire (It is fixable) but the little time I used it, it is a good experience.

Last edited:
I use Zees on my bashers and pulse on my planes. I have some pulse batteries from 2017 still going strong on high amperage planes. I always try to stop using the battery around storage charge which I personally think helps a great deal. And I use the simple lite bulb with a lipo alarm to discharge to storage or storage charge whichever is needed at the end of the day. Some people like the expensive lipo dis chargers some of wich can discharge while balancing but I always balance charge and my system works great for me. My zeecbatteries only have a dozen or so cycles on them so I can’t really comment on them yet.

My #1 for performance and affordability are CNHL
Zeee are reasonably priced and are quite consistent with quality. A good selection of zeee batteries on amazon.
Hoovo are good as well but some of the high performance lineup are not so good. The 5200mah 6s and 6000mah 6s are my favorite batteries.

RC LiPos get abused physically and wrt current demand and have a short life expectancy in this application so I primarily look for something cheap but reasonably good quality. So far Zeee has been great to me and I don't have to worry about trashing an expensive battery in a crash or from drawing too much power.

CNHL batteries. The only reasonable thing I would change about them is for them to have different connectors.
I would ask them to get rid of the 12g wire on their 4s lipos.

Zeee - light weight plastic frame bashers
CNHL G+ 70c - budget friendly quality battery for speed and other uses. (supposedly the same cells used in the Turnigy Panthers)
Turnigy HD 60c - all around solid performer with great price point.
SMC SRD packs - Top level performance until the next best thing comes around. (like Onyx RC power system which is the new best thing)

Last edited:
Zeee - light weight plastic frame bashers
CNHL G+ 70c - budget friendly quality battery for speed and other uses. (supposedly the same cells used in the Turnigy Panthers)
Turnigy HD 60c - all around solid performer with great price point.
SMC SRD packs - Top level performance until the next best thing comes around.
Are those SRD packs good for bashing too or only good for speed running?

Are those SRD packs good for bashing too or only good for speed running?
They are said to be "sensitive".
Might not last real long....

It probably go with something else for a basher. No need to pay that price for bashing power levels.

As a noob, I went with Hoovo! I bought the two pack bundle 3s 5200 mAh 60c based on some youtube reviews and some facebook groups. The Zees were also strongly recommended and I will more than likely give them a try as well.

Have not seen any mention of Ovonics. Are they something to stay away from?

As a noob, I went with Hoovo! I bought the two pack bundle 3s 5200 mAh 60c based on some youtube reviews and some facebook groups. The Zees were also strongly recommended and I will more than likely give them a try as well.

Have not seen any mention of Ovonics. Are they something to stay away from?

I have a pair of 3s 5500mah 50c lipos and they aren't anything to write home about. They are smaller, weigh less and don't perform as well as my 5000mAh 50c Turnigy Rhino's.

Back