What is your RC LiPo of choice in 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Puffed as in little swelling? Actually that is normal for any lipo, but people freak out for no reason.
Yea it literally feels like air is trapped in the case and it's puffed out.

20230101_101048.jpg

20230101_101342.jpg

You think I'm aight to keep using it?

@Moirae yes, perfectly fine.
SMC is using a company that uses oil vs water for their processing. Higher capacity, lower IR and much better quality overall but they do have small out-gassing as a result. This is a visual only problem.

Example:
This is one you would have to stop using:
th-2900376026.jpg

Have not, but looks like run-of-the-mill low quality junk imho.
Looks like custom rebrand i.e. same as Zeee, Goldbat, anything Amazon.

Love Nitrohobbies for tires, but like I said, they just plop a custom sticker on standard Lipos.

Wanna leave my experience here. I just straded off with a Kraton 6s and went with CNHL Black series, which I already used for long time in FPV Drones.

Pros:
- CNHL's reliability is top notch
- Good power
- Incredible price (the best I ever got on quality, branded lipos: just 30€ for a 3s 5Ah battery!)
- CNHL has warehouses in USA, EU, CH

Cons:
- A bit heavy
- A bit big
- More expensive lipos tend to have better real discharge current. Still have good power btw

https://chinahobbyline.com/products...0mah-11-1v-3s-65c-lipo-battery-with-xt90-plug

Different cells count, EC5 and XT90 version available. These are my go-to lipos :)

These are my go to. None of them failed me yet. One pair has lost its C rating because i overheated them like a nub in a heat wave and the balooned a bit, ever since the voltage sag is higher and ballons a tiny bit but shrinks back down.. they refuse to die, IR still at 4 per cell after2 years☠️. Right now on sale from 59.99 for the version i used to by with xt90
F4B35616-EF37-46B7-BE97-6CB0360B1A37.png

Just tried 2 liperion "50C" yellow 5Ah 3S batteries and was impressed. Definitely better than my also fresh same size hoovoos. I have other batteries from goldblat, ovonic, zee, and SMC... also hrb, but they are small crawler batteries. These are definitely better than the goldblat (worst) ovonic and zee, but priced in that range, cheaper than SMC.

btw, If you have a DC charger you can get a rough test of which battery is better (based on C/voltage sag/power output - not capacity). Charge two batteries you want to compare to storage voltage (will sag more than at full). Then plug one into your charger input and set it up to pull 30 or 40 amps or something reasonably substantial charging a big 6S battery or something. Then you can monitor the input voltage on your charger as the battery sags under load. Repeat with the second battery and see if one sags worse.

Does anybody know if the CNHL g+ lipos are suitable for bashing? I hear great things about them from speedrunners but haven’t heard they where used for bashing.
I got some 6s g+ 5000mah on sale a couple weeks ago & I love em so far. Really zippy. I also "cycled in" one of my g+ 6000mah speed running packs in my bashers too🙂🤷‍♂️

Does anybody know if the CNHL g+ lipos are suitable for bashing? I hear great things about them from speedrunners but haven’t heard they where used for bashing.
They’re too wide to fit in the 6S single tray, but with some ingenuity on the strapping extremely worth it in terms of power/performance $$$.

997AF730-5BF6-4180-AD05-C29E0C78BC7C.jpeg

I wanted to add that I compared these two batteries. Same vehicle, K8S with the XLX2, tires etc. The Gens basher pros had more punch and lasted around 4 minutes more than the Powerhobby batteries.
Full non stop run time :
Gens : 12 minutes
Powerhobby : 8 minutes

Top speed :
Gens 53MPH

Powerhobby : 48mph

So, they are around the same price point. Supposedly they have the same MAH and C rating. All the batteries tested are pretty new. Gens basher pros all the way if I were to do it again. Cheers :

20230304_132901.jpg
20230304_132833.jpg

I wanted to add that I compared these two batteries. Same vehicle, K8S with the XLX2, tires etc. The Gens basher pros had more punch and lasted around 4 minutes more than the Powerhobby batteries.
Full non stop run time :
Gens : 12 minutes
Powerhobby : 8 minutes

Top speed :
Gens 53MPH

Powerhobby : 48mph

So, they are around the same price point. Supposedly they have the same MAH and C rating. All the batteries tested are pretty new. Gens basher pros all the way if I were to do it again. Cheers :

View attachment 282923View attachment 282924
A 5 mph difference is substantial

Back