What is your RC LiPo of choice in 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever since I launched a gensacearespammers Bashing battery about 40 feet after it was ejected in an accident and it survived they have been my go to bashing battery. They are heavy, long run time, inflated C ratings everything a rookie basher looks for. I have a couple Lectron batteries for my plastic framed cars that have served me well.

Still SMC because that's all I presently have.
20191017_134247.jpg
20211225_174856.jpg

RC LiPos get abused physically and wrt current demand and have a short life expectancy in this application so I primarily look for something cheap but reasonably good quality. So far Zeee has been great to me and I don't have to worry about trashing an expensive battery in a crash or from drawing too much power.
+1

Smc 4s packs 7800mah 120c extreme graphene v2
I'm probably going to have to spend the money on these bad boys next if I want something that will compete with Yowoo graphenes.
Yowoo Graphene are great for the price. My 3s Yowoo Graphene runs almost as good as my 4s Zee battery in the same rig.

Haha thats nuts and I totally believe it. I'll never forget the first time I put one in after using a Zee 100c pack. It felt like I put in a new motor.

Yowoo 4s graphenes on sale @ amazon right now for 40$ a pack. That is beyond cheap, normally its like 75$ a pack. I'm bout to buy 2 more just because lol.

Last edited:
I'm probably going to have to spend the money on these bad boys next if I want something that will compete with Yowoo graphenes.

Haha thats nuts and I totally believe it. I'll never forget the first time I put one in after using a Zee 100c pack. It felt like I put in a new motor.
Have you tried the cnhl's!?

Have you tried the cnhl's!?
I have the 4s cnhl 120c hard case packs with the 12awg wires that slick mentioned earlier. I run them in my k8s mostly and I've tried them in my felony 8s. They're 8000mah and smaller and lighter than my 6000 mah yowoo's by a considerable amount.

I just want to give a shout out for the SMC 6000mAh ORS pack here... https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_200&product_id=653

It's the lightest 4s pack I could find from a company that I would actually trust their specs. It looks like it would be too wide spec wise for the arrma battery tray, but it fits perfect. It's only 422g for a 6000mAh 4s pack.

I found that I don't want a 6s pack for my driving, and 4s is still all I can handle on my track. This pack is perfect as far as I'm concerned.

I bought a couple (brand new) ovonic batteries a while back and they were each out of balance. I won’t try a third.
I bought two Ovonic 3s 6500 packs a while back. One was out of balance but performance was good. Now, after about 7 cycles the balance seems to be good. We’ll see what the future brings but for now I think they are good.

Bought two gens-ace-r-spam 3s 8000 mah packs a couple months back. The where perfectly balanced. Didn’t use them until today. Now one is unbalanced when I checked before charging. Hope this pack will do the same as the Ovonic after af couple cycles.

At this point I can’t say if the gensacearespammers is better than the Ovonic. Especially since I previously already owned a similar gensacearespammers pack that had problems with balancing. Plus for Ovonic is they are lighter. I like that.

I’m the most impressed by the 2s zippy lipo’s I have. Cheap, perform above expectation and durable.

I have had about 6 different Ovonic batteries with about half of them for my 1/16 cars and only one puffed up..I had gotten the extended warranty and it was covered but then when they received the old battery they told me not to purchase their warrant again as it doesn’t cover lipo batteries…nothing to do with Ovonic just what happened for me.

I think a lot of us in the speed run world are going back to the Turnigy Graphene Panthers.
Same as the CNHL G+ 70c but higher quality all around including the soldering job.

I got burned $$$ for the last time by SMC with their SRD packs.

I think a lot of us in the speed run world are going back to the Turnigy Graphene Panthers.
Same as the CNHL G+ 70c but higher quality all around including the soldering job.

I got burned $$$ for the last time by SMC with their SRD packs.
Also had no luck with the smc 9700, bought two to try out and they ended up replacing 3 batts and finally just refunded me. 1st cell died on each pack few months use.. shame

Back