What is your RC LiPo of choice in 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also had no luck with the smc 9700, bought two to try out and they ended up replacing 3 batts and finally just refunded me. 1st cell died on each pack few months use.. shame
At least those have a return policy. The SRD line comes with a statement saying there is no warranty or returns...

At least those have a return policy. The SRD line comes with a statement saying there is no warranty or returns...
Man, that's a pain. They re trying out a new supplier now so hopefully they get it sorted. Was a nice battery when they were good. But I just didn't trust them, the cells would never fully balance out to 4.2 was my issue. And they just would stretch further away from 4.2 the more I used them, and then the cell would die entirely. Good balance of price to performance but for what ever reason they failed the same each pack, no issues with the power hobbys I have, just those ones. May look into max amps but that price tho..BTW Danny was super helpfull for customer service with smc I might add

After trying a lot of different producers such a low and high priced and nearly all puffed up, I came to HRB for boats and cars. They are all alive. The 50c in the 3s rigs and small boats. The 100c in the 6s.
Also the two 6s 5000 50c in the Geico36 last now two years...

Well, looks like I chose well on 50% of my first purchase with Zeee 11.1V Lipo Battery 3S 100C 8000mAh Hard Case Battery with EC5 Plug , but does anyne have any input/experience with the other half of my purchase? I also ordered: RCPOWER 11.1V 6000mAh 3S Lipo Battery 100C EC5 Plug. I'll mostly be bashing with a Kraton 6S V5.
I also purchased this charger Amazon charger
Any thoughts reco's on how I did, greatly appreciated. I've got no qualms about returning, and ordering something more appropriate. I'm like a babe in the woods with all the battery/battery charger stuff...

Last edited:
Well, looks like I chose well on 50% of my first purchase with Zeee 11.1V Lipo Battery 3S 100C 8000mAh Hard Case Battery with EC5 Plug , but does anyne have any input/experience with the other half of my purchase? I also ordered: RCPOWER 11.1V 6000mAh 3S Lipo Battery 100C EC5 Plug. I'll mostly be bashing with a Kraton 6S V5.
Any thoughts reco's on how I did, greatly appreciated. I've got no qualms about returning, and ordering something more appropriate. I'm like a babe in the woods with all the battery/battery charger stuff...
I have heard a lot of good things about the Hota D6 charger : Hota d6
Zeee 8000mah is like 2mm too high but should fit.
Never heard of RCpower, but I have a set of Hoovos and seem pretty good and cheapish : Hoovo 3s

I have heard a lot of good things about the Hota D6 charger : Hota d6
Zeee 8000mah is like 2mm too high but should fit.
Never heard of RCpower, but I have a set of Hoovos and seem pretty good and cheapish : Hoovo 3s
Thanks for your input, Rob! I actually just scored a used, but in good condition dynamite prophet sport duo. Looks ike I'll be sending the amazon one back. LOL It also looks like I'll be giving the RCpower batts a rip, and will report back.

Are you planning to run both of those in series in the Kraton? If so I highly suggest not doing that. The lower capacity pack will discharge more quickly, and by the time the ESC input voltage drops low enough to trigger LVC you may have over-discharged the cells. Dual pack setups should be matched as closely as possible. Two of the same type from the same batch is best.

My LiPo of choice is currently Zeee 5200mAh "100C" 6s soft packs with a layer of gorilla tape over the parts of the case that contact the battery tray and a couple pieces over the ridiculously large opening in the case near the battery wires that likes to let stones migrate in and mingle with the cells. I don't really trust soft packs all that much but at two batteries for the price of one GƩns Ace basher hard case up here, I'm willing to roll with them for now. Bat-Safe will save me. My hope is that the tape keeps the heat shrink case from splitting apart under impact and allowing the individual cell pouches to 'delaminate' and get crushed. This seems to be the most common physical stress related dangerous failure mode for them. We'll see. The capacity rating seems to be legit or close to it at least at low current, taking right around 5Ah from what my charger considers 0% SoC to 100%.

Last edited:
Are you planning to run both of those in series in the Kraton? If so I highly suggest not doing that. The lower capacity pack will discharge more quickly, and by the time the ESC input voltage drops low enough to trigger LVC you may have over-discharged the cells. Dual pack setups should be matched as closely as possible. Two of the same type from the same batch is best.

My LiPo of choice is currently Zeee 5200mAh "100C" 6s soft packs with a layer of gorilla tape over the parts of the case that contact the battery tray and a couple pieces over the ridiculously large opening in the case near the battery wires that likes to let stones migrate in and mingle with the cells. I don't really trust soft packs all that much but at two batteries for the price of one GƩns Ace basher hard case up here, I'm willing to roll with them for now. Bat-Safe will save me. My hope is that the tape keeps the heat shrink case from splitting apart under impact and allowing the individual cell pouches to 'delaminate' and get crushed. This seems to be the most common physical stress related dangerous failure mode for them. We'll see. The capacity rating seems to be legit or close to it at least at low current, taking right around 5Ah from what my charger considers 0% SoC to 100%.
No, I bought 2 of each, and plan to run them as pairs. ust curious, what is Bat-Safe?

Can any jumpers recommend a durable battery? My recent batteries have been Zeee's. 4 out of 5 quickly had a dying cell. One after three cycles. I think it's the landing impact that's knocking them out. My previous batteries were PowerHobby. Much better, they lasted about a year.

I have a Granite, so from my understanding, the Basherseries batteries are too long and won't fit.

gens-ace-r-spam Bashing series will fit if you remove the rear battery stop. I have ran them in our 3S Arrma's without issue.

gens-ace-r-spam Bashing series will fit if you remove the rear battery stop. I have ran them in our 3S Arrma's without issue.
Thanks. I actually knew that. I should have mentioned that I switched to a front battery stop because the front battery tab was bending and cracking the chassis when the battery was thrown forward.

Can any jumpers recommend a durable battery? My recent batteries have been Zeee's. 4 out of 5 quickly had a dying cell. One after three cycles. I think it's the landing impact that's knocking them out. My previous batteries were PowerHobby. Much better, they lasted about a year.

I have a Granite, so from my understanding, the Basherseries batteries are too long and won't fit.
Hoovo have been bullet proof and punchy as heck in my 3s rigs. Same with their 6s soft packs in my super send kraton.

Back