What is your RC LiPo of choice in 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you guys charging your batts faster than 1c?
I charge between 1-1.5C usually. 2 of my chargers top out at 20A/500W, so I put 4 of my 6S 5000mah 40C CNHL's on a parallel board, run it at 20A, then on my second 20A charger, I put a couple 6S 45C 6200mah liperiors (or 4S 5000mah 65C liperiors) at 15A.

I have 2 6S packs I built out of 2x3S 65C 5000mah liperior and 2x3S 65C CNHL 5000mah packs. They don't match anything else, so I have to charge them on their own. Usually throw them on my dynamite 4x100W/4x10A charger on a couple ports at 10A, but it throttles itself down to just under 5A because it hits the 100W ceiling. :(

I charge between 1-1.5C usually. 2 of my chargers top out at 20A/500W, so I put 4 of my 6S 5000mah 40C CNHL's on a parallel board, run it at 20A, then on my second 20A charger, I put a couple 6S 45C 6200mah liperiors (or 4S 5000mah 65C liperiors) at 15A.

I have 2 6S packs I built out of 2x3S 65C 5000mah liperior and 2x3S 65C CNHL 5000mah packs. They don't match anything else, so I have to charge them on their own. Usually throw them on my dynamite 4x100W/4x10A charger on a couple ports at 10A, but it throttles itself down to just under 5A because it hits the 100W ceiling. :(
I recently upgraded my charging situation. Although, I don't know if I have the ba!!s to try parallel charging. I know that's the whole reason for going through with the upgraded PS and Charger. I think i'm going to have to dive in this summer and pray my house doesn't burn down.

I recently upgraded my charging situation. Although, I don't know if I have the ba!!s to try parallel charging. I know that's the whole reason for going through with the upgraded PS and Charger. I think i'm going to have to dive in this summer and pray my house doesn't burn down.
All I can say about it is to not cheap out on the parallel board and to test all the contacts on the parallel board before using it. 2 of the boards I bought had bad ports on it and I wasn't aware, so I wasn't evenly charging stuff for a while. I got 2 new ones that appeared to have the traces all on the same side and then I took my ohm meter and checked every single pin on every connector.

There are some nice boards out there, but not many for xt90's for some reason.

This one is supposed to be pretty good, but it's xt30 or xt60:
https://pyrodrone.com/products/strix-ultimate-joshua-bardwell-parallel-charging-board-2-6s

I guess quad guys don't use xt90's...

Would assume these are good, considering the brand:
https://www.progressiverc.com/products/safe-parallel-board-for-jst-xh-xt90

I suppose you could go this route too, skip the board entirely:
https://www.progressiverc.com/collections/parallel-charge/products/parallel-6x-xt90-charge-cable
https://www.progressiverc.com/produ...32167&pr_ref_pid=5139501023367&pr_seq=uniform

With a 6S plug, as long as you know what your doing, you can parallel charge any cell count between 2S and 6S with it. I made my own 2xXT90/2x6S charge plugs before I got the better chargers and more 6S packs.

So far my Zeee 2s 5200mah 80c lipo's have been fantastic. Very consistent. I used to like the HRB brand but my experience with them lately has been not so great. Mainly just poor run time that is inconsistent between packs of the same cell quantity and capacity.

So far my Zeee 2s 5200mah 80c lipo's have been fantastic. Very consistent. I used to like the HRB brand but my experience with them lately has been not so great. Mainly just poor run time that is inconsistent between packs of the same cell quantity and capacity.
My HRB 3S 5000mah packs got that way after 18 months or so.

As i told before, the HRB graphene are brilliant. Just came from a 10min. run on my Felony C8 with two 5000mAh 100C. Constant pressure and with the stock gear ~93 kmh on a 100m! road with curbs. Only shity roads over here.

Hey guys, seems like on amazon Canada there is very limited choice (spektrum or the 5200 zeeee) all othrr options avec Deans connector or traxxas.
I'm looking for a 2s 7.4v for my Granite Mega. Is there something I don't know?

Crawlers - Dynamite Reaction 3700mah 50c 3s Shorty Packs (I've found these to be a reliable and affordable battery that will fit in pretty much any crawler. Crawlers aren't that demanding as far as the battery goes, so there's no reason to get fancy).

Touring - CNHL "Racing" 4900mah 120c 2s Shorty Packs (Extremely stable and reliable packs that are light enough to not throw off balance, and they are just good quality all around).

Bashers - Zeee 5200mah 50c 2s Packs, Zeee 5200mah 80c 3s and 6000mah 100c 3s Packs, gensacearespammers "Bashing" 6800mah 120c 4s Packs (I typically buy whatever I can get my hands on that's inexpensive but still has a decent reputation. Zeee batteries haven't let me down yet...I've had about 20 of them (I buy a lot in pairs for 6s cars) and I've had one that was dead out of the box, and it was warranty replaced without issue. Bashing is actually what I do the least, and I don't sweat the batteries too much).

Drag - DRK Extreme 8300mah 200c 2s Short "Fat" Packs (An absolute beast of a battery...it's expensive, but when I started using these I started winning races a lot more consistently. The battery is extremely important in drag racing, probably more so than in any other discipline).

Last edited:
My choice is still CHNL for when I want GOOD batteries.

I have also grabbed some Amazon-special RACEPOW lipos, because they are dirt cheap. Got a 2x2s and 2x3s. One of the 2s packs was DOA (Bad Lead). The 3s, I did a few cycles on my charger, and they seem to hit their rated capacity, but I have not plug swapped them to run them yet.

I have 6 Hoovo 3s 5200 80c from Amazon, they have a 1 year warranty (Have not needed it, knock on wood.) I may charge them 2x a day to use in my three trucks. Balance in all cells are good, the EC3 plugs fit snuggly in ESC plugs and something I noticed last week, the balance plugs come with a cap to protect the wires, at least that what I think it is for.
Hey guys, seems like on amazon Canada there is very limited choice (spektrum or the 5200 zeeee) all othrr options avec Deans connector or traxxas.
I'm looking for a 2s 7.4v for my Granite Mega. Is there something I don't know?
When you search for your batteries just include "EC3 Connector" in the search. If you go to a specific store like Zeee or Hoovo while in Amazon, that helps as well.

I have 6 Hoovo 3s 5200 80c from Amazon, they have a 1 year warranty (Have not needed it, knock on wood.) I may charge them 2x a day to use in my three trucks. Balance in all cells are good, the EC3 plugs fit snuggly in ESC plugs and something I noticed last week, the balance plugs come with a cap to protect the wires, at least that what I think it is for.

When you search for your batteries just include "EC3 Connector" in the search. If you go to a specific store like Zeee or Hoovo while in Amazon, that helps as well.
Seems like the only option clearly EC3 is Zeee 5200Mah. There is a comparable 5000mah HRB with XT60 conntector that comes with an ec3 connector. But at the same price I'm thinking the one that fits directly without adapter would be wiser.

Seems like the only option clearly EC3 is Zeee 5200Mah. There is a comparable 5000mah HRB with XT60 conntector that comes with an ec3 connector. But at the same price I'm thinking the one that fits directly without adapter would be wiser.
You can solder an EC3 connector to any battery. If you aren't up to the task, most hobby shops can do it for you for a nominal fee. That said, there's nothing wrong with Zeee batteries, especially for a basher, but if you find something else you'd rather have, not having an EC3 connector isn't a deal-breaker, as it can be remedied.

If you have an XT60 on the ESC, you can use both EC3 and XT60 batteries with no adaptor and no derating.

I switched the Kraton to Zeee 6s 5200mAh soft packs, each with a couple wraps of tape to keep the case from wearing and splitting apart, and they seem to be coming into their own after about 10 cycles. IR stabilized at 2.0-2.3mΩ/cell and they have a discharge curve well suited to the LVC profile of the Firma 150, allowing most of the energy to be used before they cut off at a safe voltage after 20-30 minutes of light to moderate bashing.

Running Spektrum 3s 5000mAh 50C hard packs in the Vorteks with similar results. They're good batteries with a nice discharge curve, but nothing special and wouldn't be worth paying retail price for (I got an exceptional deal). The telemetry in combination with the DX3 battery gauge is neat and I kinda wish my Kraton had something similar so I could tell at a glance approximately how much run time I have left without having to pit it and hook up a voltage checker.

Man, it's hard for me to find Zeee attractive. They were the first batteries I ever bought, and I loved them at first but every brand I've bought after that has been better than Zeee in terms of performance. I know the differences between the batteries is big when the wifey can even notice it lol. When you can notice how easy it is to ride a wheelie or do backflips with one battery compared to the other. Or when you can notice that one battery gives you much more acceleration compared to the other.

Even my 60c socokin batteries poop on my zeee 100c and they were similar price.

Well, from my perspective it's hard to imagine wanting more performance out of batteries, as even with RTR electronics, 'light' centre diff oil, a mid-level punch setting and a wheelie bar, a heavy trigger pull will violently put the truck on its roof, air control is superb and I have more speed available than I can reasonably use at my bash spots. Maybe it's because I ran nitro for so many years and my idea of an R/C car is something that delivers power much less aggressively, but what I have now is already a bit much.

I also struggle to believe that other budget batteries would be much better, barring some luck picking from the right tail of the quality distribution. ~2mΩ IR per cell with small variance between cells and real capacity equal to rated capacity seems about as good as it gets in this price range, based on my reading. Maybe I got lucky and picked from the right tail and the average Zeee is not so good.🤷‍♂️

Well, from my perspective it's hard to imagine wanting more performance out of batteries, as even with RTR electronics, 'light' centre diff oil, a mid-level punch setting and a wheelie bar, a heavy trigger pull will violently put the truck on its roof, air control is superb and I have more speed available than I can reasonably use at my bash spots. Maybe it's because I ran nitro for so many years and my idea of an R/C car is something that delivers power much less aggressively, but what I have now is already a bit much.

I also struggle to believe that other budget batteries would be much better, barring some luck picking from the right tail of the quality distribution. ~2mΩ IR per cell with small variance between cells and real capacity equal to rated capacity seems about as good as it gets in this price range, based on my reading. Maybe I got lucky and picked from the right tail and the average Zeee is not so good.🤷‍♂️
I've noticed a small difference that's relatively consistent in my Zeees vs more expensive brands, but when compared to equally priced brands (Hoovoo) for example, they've been pretty equal. But, when I say I've noticed a difference, for me it wasn't huge. I was messing around with some speed runs in a 1/10 touring car on 2s, and I got just under 2mph better with a GensA Redline than I did with a Zeee. But, the Redline is an $80 battery, and the Zeee is a $30 battery....so.............................

All of that said, I've heard others say they notice a difference in punch while jumping...I don't do much jumping off of a race track, and don't really need a high degree of air control, so I've never noticed it, but it wouldn't really factor in for me even if there is a difference. I'm sure it's all in how you drive, what you desire, and the luck of the draw with the specific battery that you get. I also have noticed the Zeees get better with age...I feel like it takes 10-20 cycles for them to hit their peak stride.

Last edited:
Just got a gens-ace-r-spam (GA5300-2S60-HC-EC5) battery for my Granite Mega and it goes pretty good so far.

1659679519136.png

Back