What is your RC LiPo of choice in 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SRDs are great. I have two of the 6500s and they really perform.

Edit: Wait...those are only $80??? Bloody hell, we get ripped off in Europe.

@Dan B. - You might want to look at these. I pay a lot more for them here so I didn't even bother looking at them. Although I would save these for when things get serious.
I got 4 of the DV Extremes. Should be a good start, and the price was stupid low. Like 44 bucks and change with QS8’s?!? I’ll take ’em! That’s cheaper than Zee’s or Hoovos on Amazon. Crazy, man. Thanks again for the tip, yo!

I got 4 of the DV Extremes. Should be a good start, and the price was stupid low. Like 44 bucks and change with QS8’s?!? I’ll take ’em! That’s cheaper than Zee’s or Hoovos on Amazon. Crazy, man. Thanks again for the tip, yo!
You know it brother!!
George C Scott America GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Nobody running PowerHobby? I think I saw one vague reference in this whole thread. Just curious. Moving to QS8’s on my ESC’s and they are one of my choices for bashing and testing road rigs before I move to the expensive batteries for dedicated speed runs.
I use PowerHobby and not a fan of them. Price was way higher then most brands for only a 5000mah battery. Think I paid $140. Battery also gets really hot compared to my Zee or Socokin and even my off brand RCHacker batteries. I like to YoWoo graphene ones. They have a 6000mah one usually for sale on Amazon for $90.

What about this Minotaur? Is it maybe another brand with my LHS logo? Picked it up for $60 and only have 4 cycles on it so I can’t comment yet.

EDIT: On further inspection, the box says:
Shenzhen Cestpower Battery Co.

508A4B46-2ADA-4D61-AE42-B35034F46D7C.jpeg

Last edited:
For $60 it is horribly overpriced. Peak performers run in the $40-50 range.
This should have tons of reviews from expert people if it's worth it's money.

Honestly no idea and maybe you are sitting on a gold mine, my guess it's just a standard performer that is overpriced.

Thanks for your input, you’re probably right, I have just entered into the foray of non-Traxxas batteries so I’m clueless at this point and desperately needed a battery for the new Outcast, so I just bought what was offered. Maybe I’ll post again when the 2023 thread comes out with several months of usage to report.

My battery of choice for 2022 and 2023 ;) will be these Azure Energy Solutions 4S 6200mAh and 8000mAh (long battery).

Size is comparable to the SMC 3S SRD V1 and CHNL 4S Gplus (which are great batteries!)
E9D75FD7-AABE-45F5-9EA7-E4DC21787253.jpeg
A873A898-DDF1-4A65-949C-10814B995C4B.jpeg

These sample versions have no label and have 8AWG wires, however, the production version will 7awg and the proper Azure label.

I can’t wait to keep pushing it, now that I figured out there was an issue with my motor, I can continue to go for that 135mph 4S goal on the Limitless.

Sounds Sales pitchy since they got your name on the packs. Just saying.

I agree lol

But I really believe this to be a great inexpensive option to the current speedrun batteries available.

For many, $150+ on a battery isn’t in the budget but if I can bridge that gap a bit I’m
Hoping it’ll make speedrunning and drag more accessible.

Last edited:
I see the result but you didn't give an answer i.e. who are they, and how did you find them?
Is this a custom Lipo shop that buys cells from other vendors (like they all do) and screens them for you?

Just curious, as Liperior and SMC are doing exactly that, but have a large sample base.
Trying to get into the Lipo business?

I see the result but you didn't give an answer i.e. who are they, and how did you find them?
Is this a custom Lipo shop that buys cells from other vendors (like they all do) and screens them for you?

Just curious, as Liperior and SMC are doing exactly that, but have a large sample base.
Trying to get into the Lipo business?

No one asked me who they are and how I found them.

I just answered your question the best way I could. I thought they were good because they added 7-8mph to my top speed without any modification. If I wrote that, not many people would believe it, so I provided the datalogs. If you follow the speedrun threads I post all the details to my runs so other can use the data if necessary.

But I see there some curiosity around this LiPo I will eventually sell on my online store.

“Who are they?”
Azure is my battery company that will specialize in affordable, high discharge batteries meant to be used with RC drag racing and speedrunning. I saw that there was either really cheap options and really expensive options, and you essentially get what you pay for.

“How did you find them”
I’m fortunate to have family who sell raw materials to various battery manufactures in China and through them I found a handful of manufactures. After a bunch of messages and back and forth, I found a manufacture that stayed pretty honest about the capabilities of their cells. I gave them my specs and they wrapped up the batteries for me and I’ve been have been testing them out.

I can’t speak for SMC or Liperior but from what I’ve heard and seen is they sell some pretty good batteries.

I agree lol

But I really believe this to be a great inexpensive option to the current speedrun batteries available.

For many, $150+ on a battery isn’t in the budget but if I can bridge that gap a bit I’m
Hoping it’ll make speedrunning and drag more accessible.
What C rating were these batteries?

Back