Mojave What is your suspension set up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Otherside

Huh?
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
I just filled with "750"wt oil.

Stock springs.

Threaded ring is half way down on rear and front is set the the level equivalent.

Took it to the park and the rear end was slapping like CRAZY. Just curious what everyone is running and if I should, get stiffer springs, adjust the collar down even further or get even thicker oil.

From floor to bottom of chassis is about 58mm.

Thanks guys!

I have 1000 cSt (80w) front and 900 cSt (70w) rear. Front preload collars are 1/2 down the shock body threads and the rears are about 5/8 down

Depends how and where you want to run the Mojave really... IMO, stock would be great for dirt tracks with no ruts or jumps, but I'm mostly on smooth grass with jumps and prefer more dampening

Also, careful about hardening the rear with stiffer springs. I've tried Kraton rear springs but I had way too much unpredictable kick up when going over bumps

I just filled with "750"wt oil.

Stock springs.

Threaded ring is half way down on rear and front is set the the level equivalent.

Took it to the park and the rear end was slapping like CRAZY. Just curious what everyone is running and if I should, get stiffer springs, adjust the collar down even further or get even thicker oil.

From floor to bottom of chassis is about 58mm.

Thanks guys!
750wt or 750cst? Huge difference there.

750wt or 750cst? Huge difference there.
Oh boy... now I'm not sure... I need CST?

The 750 I have seems thinner than the stock oil.

Did I get the wrong kind??

20210620_213408.jpg

Last edited:
Oh boy... now I'm not sure... I need CST?

The 750 I have seems thinner than the stock oil.

Did I get the wrong kind??

View attachment 153279
Kyosho uses a third measuring system, not the standard WT or CST

“This is a 80cc bottle of Kyosho silicone shock oil. The thicker the oil, the more damping your shocks will have when riding over bumps. The thickness of Kyosho shock oil is measured using the more linear Europen Centi Poise "Cps" system, which is different to the "Weight" system used by Team Losi and Team Associated in the USA.”

100 wt fr, 90 wt rear, kraton 6s springs (slightly shorter but work) on rear (5.0 lbs/in vs 3.2 lbs/in stock). Some preload rear, quite a bit preload on front. M2c pistons facing down for additional rebound dampening. M2c droop screws with slightly lowered ride height.

Will try Talion front springs (also slightly shorter) next shock rebuild (9.7 vs 7.7 stock iirc), and the stiffer sway bars.

This is on a max6 combo exb truck with several aluminum upgrades, and some beef fans...so heavier than rtr by a bit. It handles and jumps much better than it did out of the box for my preferences.

I run on everything, but I like it more stiff than soft for when I'm on concrete.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back