What is your thoughts on the spektrum motors/esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the qc on things seems really bad lately.
Yep only v5 I have/had was my Typhon but I got the last December and no issues. But man see countless people especially with the new Talion and Outcast exbs having tons of issues. Same with the Vorteks mine needed a lot adjusted and then motor went right away.

Yep only v5 I have/had was my Typhon but I got the last December and no issues. But man see countless people especially with the new Talion and Outcast exbs having tons of issues. Same with the Vorteks mine needed a lot adjusted and then motor went right away.
It's not just rc. When I worked at the furniture store the amount of product that we received with defects, assembly errors or just being broken increased so much. We got 2 trucks in a week and would normally have maybe 1 or 2 things a week that would defective or broken, assembly errors you might have gotten 3-4 a year. Before I quit we would have 2-3 things with defects, 3-4 assembled wrong and 4-5 that were broken per truck. Which is one of the many reasons I quit as I couldn't keep up with having to fix everything all the time.

My first experience has been great the esc maybe too smart for its own good. The motors front bearings is terrible like in all of their motors From the pass and present
Lets keep doing business with china..l its just ruining everything isnt it? Taiwan for the win maybe not taiwan might not exist in a few months or years
I get it china is cheaper but man.. its just ruining your products. Every new release has an issue.
Lets blame it on the plandemic!!🕵
The pendemic is an excuse. I see it now as saying why i do dumb things is because i have autism or ADHD. Just an excuse to cover up
pendemic is over to my eyes

It's not just rc. When I worked at the furniture store the amount of product that we received with defects, assembly errors or just being broken increased so much. We got 2 trucks in a week and would normally have maybe 1 or 2 things a week that would defective or broken, assembly errors you might have gotten 3-4 a year. Before I quit we would have 2-3 things with defects, 3-4 assembled wrong and 4-5 that were broken per truck. Which is one of the many reasons I quit as I couldn't keep up with having to fix everything all the time.
Ya I hear ya there before they closed my store permanently we had so much merchandise in the last year have to be MOS'd (marked out of stock) due to being broken, damaged, poor quality or expired by 6+ months it was a nightmare. Also being in California which has some of the strictest guidelines for what can be thrown away was a nightmare in itself. We had our "hazardous waste" bins that we would have to bag up like oils or chemicals, batteries etc to be picked up by a special company to dispose of and they would come 2 times a year at most. The last 2 years I worked CA changed laws so we could not even throw away an empty pen or chapstick, candles, lotion, literally everything that was not food, solid metal, glass or wood now has to be sorted into the "hazardous waste" bins. So we had to have them emptied once a month and they were overflowing instead of twice a year half full🤦 made it an absolute nightmare!

California god dammit.
Yeah quality control is just awful. Imagine arrma decides to split😆 that would be one of the best things if it doesn't turn into traxxas eco system

Lets blame it on the plandemic!!🕵
Well technically it is to blame because no one wants to work, and those that do don't give a 🐀's 🐴 about what they are making, I see it at my current job, we have people come in work a day or two and you never see them again. The guy who works on my machine during the day shift doesn't check anything that comes off the machine, I seriously came in one day and he had ran 90% of a pallet of doors, first door I ran the edge banding pulled right off, I checked the rest of the pallet and every single door the edge band came off because there wasn't enough glue, dude ran like 12 pallets that day, I had to turn the glue up 3 full turns before the banding would stick, we adjust the glue in 1/8 turn increments so how the hell he got the glue turned that far down is beyond me.

Well technically it is to blame because no one wants to work, and those that do don't give a 🐀's 🐴 about what they are making, I see it at my current job, we have people come in work a day or two and you never see them again. The guy who works on my machine during the day shift doesn't check anything that comes off the machine, I seriously came in one day and he had ran 90% of a pallet of doors, first door I ran the edge banding pulled right off, I checked the rest of the pallet and every single door the edge band came off because there wasn't enough glue, dude ran like 12 pallets that day, I had to turn the glue up 3 full turns before the banding would stick, we adjust the glue in 1/8 turn increments so how the hell he got the glue turned that far down is beyond me.
They don't want to work because they get handed free money for not working. Same here and its making me sick honestly. Its the most ridiculous thing in history
Okay at the beginning it was justified but now? 18 months into this. i want to live like normal and not be controled on what i can do and cant do. Pendemic is finished We even have the jabs. That i do not like. They keep pushing the goalpost here

They don't want to work because they get handed free money for not working. Same here and its making me sick honestly. Its the most ridiculous thing in history
Okay at the beginning it was justified but now? 18 months into this. i want to live like normal and not be controled on what i can do and cant do. Pendemic is finished We even have the jabs. That i do not like. They keep pushing the goalpost here
This is seriously the longest 2 weeks ever.

Looks more on the downside for the posted question....so far from me the Spektrum ESC and motor have been fine. Keep fingers crossed... I do like that firmware can be updated on the ESC

I've had good experience with my RTR Spektrum stuff, weak servo aside. No issues in my Infraction or Kraton. I think it's decent entry level stuff and if you can find it for a good deal then it's good enough. After you have a good understanding of the Hobby and electronics, and if you have the cash, switching to castle or hobbywing just makes sense to give you more features, custom options, and most likely even more power.

All in all, I think the Spektrum stuff makes fine entry-level RTR gear. But, that's from someone who hasn't had any issues, breakage, or bad QC from my stuff thusfar.

Just don't do crazy stuff like. Full speed drift on the onroad rcs and u should be okay unless you get better fans. Most of the fires i saw were onroad not offroad

Looks more on the downside for the posted question....so far from me the Spektrum ESC and motor have been fine. Keep fingers crossed... I do like that firmware can be updated on the ESC
Hobbywing and Castle have updateable firmware too but they rarely update the firmware after the first year as that is when most of the bugs are found.

You see that's what I got going on I think it was just a poor soldering job. But like you said it can be fixed
Yeah these motors have poor QC, soldering and all. They can be a mixed bag. Some have luck, some don't. Preventive maintenance goes a long way especially out the box. An ounce of prevention goes a long way with RC gear.
I personally like the spectrum products. These are not spectrum. It's more like a value brand quality
You pay for what you get for the most part. Just like with Spektrum servos. They have the BS RTR cheapo servos and then they make the expensive stuff. As a Brand, I just find there is better value for the dollar out there than Spektrum. Spektrums claim to fame was always Air Radio sets. Servo's... they are just getting into it. Competition is tight.
I've seen it a few times over the years.
^^^Yep.
I never seen this personally, but seems to be common for some others.

Last edited:
HH/SPektrum is not designing the F/W. The OE is. And there is a great disconnect between HH and the OE supplier. HH just throws warranty replacement parts at you to cover poor QC in large batches from the OE. .That is obvious. My spin.

HH/SPektrum is not designing the F/W. The OE is. And there is a great disconnect between HH and the OE supplier. HH just throws warranty replacement parts at you to cover poor QC in large batches from the OE. .That is obvious. My spin.
When was the last time you saw someone's Max8 go up in smoke? I have seriously only ever seen 1 thread on here about the Max8 doing it, I see thread after thread of the Firma, it is something that Spektrum is doing to the escs on their end not Hobbywing. Also I don't see the Corally Torox escs going up in smoke either.

So new to the history of all this....good info to know...wow! Is this what makes Castle so popular?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back