What is your thoughts on the spektrum motors/esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@6volts your ds3225 is already close to being maxed out. If it did have 7.4v bc ur going to risk burning it up. Iv only heard of the firma 150 and 160 having 7.4 option but i don't and wont own firma esc/motors
Went from a BLX 100 ESC that was backordered to the Firma which they sent in place.

I just looked up the BLX100 and it was also 6V BEC.

Last edited:
I only learned what BEC was about a week ago. The Firma 100 they warrantied only shows a 6.0V BEC on the card. I watched a video the other day and this was the card this guy had

View attachment 168749

This is my card. I went into the options and #6 only beeps once no matter how many times you press. I run a 25kg servo (Amazon special).
If it's only 5V this this shouldn't matter. I'm just curious when the change was made.

Item: DS3225 25KG Large Torque Digital Servo
Stall Torque (5V): 21 kg/cm (291.5oz/in)
Stall Torque (6.8V): 24.5 kg/cm (340.1 oz/in)
Speed : 0.15 sec/60°(5V) / 0.13 sec/60°(6.8V)
Operating Voltage: 4.8 ~ 6.8 DC Volts
Dead brand: 3μs
Weight: 60 g (2.12 oz)
Motor Type: DC Motor
Gear Type: Copper & Aluminum
Working frequence: 50-333Hz
Size: 40 x 20 x 40.5 mm ( 1.58 x 0.79 x 1.60 in)

View attachment 168750
I forgot to mention the BEC on the Sidewinder is also only 2a, the servo pulls 1.9a at 5v, that is riding too close to the limits of the bec in my honest opinion, the servo amp load isn't consistent so a spike in current could easily cause brown outs.

As to why there are 2 different cards idk, all I could find was the same one you have.
@6volts your ds3225 is already close to being maxed out. If it did have 7.4v bc ur going to risk burning it up. Iv only heard of the firma 150 and 160 having 7.4 option but i don't and wont own firma esc/motors
Yeah only the 150 and 160 have a 7.4 volt option, all the rest are 6v 4a.

I forgot to mention the BEC on the Sidewinder is also only 2a, the servo pulls 1.9a at 5v, that is riding too close to the limits of the bec in my honest opinion, the servo amp load isn't consistent so a spike in current could easily cause brown outs.

As to why there are 2 different cards idk, all I could find was the same one you have.

Yeah only the 150 and 160 have a 7.4 volt option, all the rest are 6v 4a.
I bet they sent out incorrect cards early and fixed them with later models.

As for the servo I have. That is the one that most people move to after the stock one dies. Interesting how close to the limit of BEC it is.

I bet they sent out incorrect cards early and fixed them with later models.

As for the servo I have. That is the one that most people move to after the stock one dies. Interesting how close to the limit of BEC it is.
I run like 6 of those DS3225mg servos. The stock becs in the BLX are 6v and 4a for the Spektrum and iirc the BLX was 3a but I would have to double check that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back