Kraton What kind of maintenance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took my Kraton out for a run yesterday. Did my first big jumpings with it, damn it was nice :)

But the car ended up being real dirty. So I followed some cleaning tips from another RC-forum. I did spray my Kraton with simple green and then blew it off with air compressor.

But now I wonder if there is any parts I should lubricate after the wash. If so which parts, and with what kind of oil/grease?
I have white lithium grease and some 50k diffoil at home, maybe they will work is something need to be lubricated?

I usually just look mine over to see if anything feels gritty. Tighten up anything that's loose. Blow out crud with compressed air. Replace anything that's busted. I lube the cvd's and dog bones every run with dry lube. Dry lube holds up for one run.

I usually just look mine over to see if anything feels gritty. Tighten up anything that's loose. Blow out crud with compressed air. Replace anything that's busted. I lube the cvd's and dog bones every run with dry lube. Dry lube holds up for one run.

Does dry lube for bearings to?

Does dry lube for bearings to?
No, grease only for bearings. A lot of people do not re-grease them, i personally just wait till one is bad then replace. If they are sealed bearings, they can hold their grease for a long time. You can remove the seals and regrease them. There are ways to pack shielded bearings also, check out a youtube video.

I switched all the bearings to sealed. The inner wheel hub bearings seem like they need to be watched. Mine get gritty in sand after 2 runs. I pop off the seal, spray them with brake clean, blast out with air. Pack in Loctite viper lube.

Ran my Kraton today....blew the seal off of one rear inner bearing while running it. All others were fine. So I'll probably replace that one...it's the second time it acted up on me. That's just to give the OP an idea of what to do. I did get grit in that one last run...I removed it, cleaned it, greased it....but the seal blew off today. Sooooooo, that gets changed with a new one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back