What kind of "RCer" are you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBadazz

RCHolic
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Felony
  4. Fireteam
  5. Granite
  6. Infraction
  7. Limitless
  8. Kraton 8S
  9. Kraton 6s
  10. Mojave EXB
  11. Notorious
  12. Outcast 4s
  13. Outcast 6s
  14. Outcast 8s
  15. Senton 6s
  16. Senton 3s
  17. Senton Mega
  18. Talion
  19. Typhon 3s
  20. Typhon 6s
  21. Vendetta
  22. Vorteks
  23. Infraction 4x4
The question is simple and not simple. What kind of RCer are you?

Mild basher, speed runner, collector, "send it" basher, wrencher, creator(makes vehicles from other vehicles), racer, or a mix of any.

Edit: I apologize Crawler and Scale guys. Parking lot bashers, backyard basher, drag racer, and drifter.

Don't forget, drones, planes, boats, helicopters are all RCing!

I'm a mix of mild basher, collector, and wrencher.

I don't beat on my vehicles too tough. I keep buying vehicles and rarely sell them, just look under my avatar, those are current! I buy rollers and sliders and build them a little better than stock. I want to get into speed running sooner or later.

If I missed anything please add on.

Last edited:
I think I am more of a scale driver, I tend to stick to maneuvers a real vehicle could do (most of the time). However I love watching what everyone else does, and love the crazy things I see. :) Hey I'm old and boring, what can I say? My budget doesn't allow for me to Just Send It! :ROFLMAO:

I think I'm too green to have developed a style that I enjoy most. I still need to try rock crawlers, buggies, drifters, dragster, etc..

So, currently I'm a basher in the backyard, with a Limitless on deck to get in some proper on-road fun.

As a driver I am more like a short course guy, perfecting my laps and setup. Bashing, crawling, drifting and ramp jumping is fun, but not for too long, then i rather take one of my freestyle drones in the air and bash in 3D.

In heart and mind I am a tuner and creator. So i spend most of my time building and testing, what also makes me a speedrunner and speedcrasher. But if i am honest, if i could automate the driving part of speedrunning I probably would...

I'm a fart on a hot skillet.

Sending is kinda my go-to thing, but parking lot racing is full of giggles (all the racing I've done so far has been fun, but it's all been informal). Crawling gets more and more addictive every time I go. Speed running gets my heart pumping. I don't get alot of adrenaline shots lately, so it's a good cheap thrill.
And I love to wrench.
I haven't gotten into scaler stuff yet.
I guess I'm just a mutt.

I don't like taking my vehicles out and trying to destroy them. I get more enjoyment out of building and upgrading them, then taking on test runs to see how much better or worse they are.

I also like to design custom mods if it looks like a 3d printed part will fit the bill. I worked as a machinist designing really complex fixtures to hold onto prototype parts for machining in the racing industry. And that experience translates into my hobbies in the mechanical design sense.

My only problem now is my disability keeps me from spending the amount of time I want to work on builds. That and funds are a little tight at times. But it is enough to at least break the monotony here and there.

Is 'terrible driver' a category?

I guess I'd be a mild basher. I like to see the limits of performance and do stupid things occasionally but mostly I want to go fast everywhere and if it breaks it breaks.

I love tinkering and continuous improvement and breaking stuff gives me an excuse to spend another hundo.

I guess I'd say basher because the goal is always to see what happens when the truck is flat out and if it isn't breaking it's time to ratchet things up a notch.

I like solving problems and fixing as much as I enjoy running. It's gratifying to hit LVC without a failure but it just means the truck is capable of more stupid things and I'll be looking for that threshold next pack.

I think about 6 months ago I found myself cheering when the truck was split open but generally it's not a deliberate attempt to break anything; I am just a terrible driver.

I long ago gave up on any pretense that I could drive technically like on a track or something. I just want to have fun and push the limits of the platform bit by bit. That involves finding failure points, which involves going flat out.

Its about having fun! Not being too serious! When hobbies become serious it's a job, I have one of those already! Lol!

Let's see. I currently have 5 planes, 3 drones, 1 helicopter, 6 cars , 2 boats and a FPV crawler.
I send it,bash it,break it,make it,fix it and repeat

I think what is fun to me is when I break my truck. I don't want my truck to break down. I don't want it to balk at some terrible driving or stupid stunt. I want it to do it. If it breaks it's my fault.

So I am always trying to max them out for performance and make them as reliable as I can so it isn't overheat or something boring that shuts me down.

It should be spectacular fiddlestick up or insane stunt that breaks it. Not some mundane maintenance issue or whatever.

So I have fun making them as reliable as possible so nothing gets in the way of me breaking them.
Let's see. I currently have 5 planes, 3 drones, 1 helicopter, 6 cars , 2 boats and a FPV crawler.
Bro. My mate was flying his 30cc plane in formation with a buddy. He has his plane reinforced with plywood apparently it's his flying tank.

His buddy turned early and my mate's plane cut buddy's plane in half. Totally demolished. Not even recognizable.

Im up to 14 planes almost all giant scale, 5 cars, 2 helis, 4 drones lol i shouldnt say up to this is a downsized collection from what i had 10 years ago.

Usually my bash days start out as "mild basher" and end up closer to "send it". I don't try to break my trucks. I build them up to take what I throw them at... at them? If a truck can't be built up to do what I want, then I get rid of it and try another.

I'm not a huge fan of wrenching on them anymore. I just like driving them.

I would go with mild basher. But I also have a 2wd speed car. Not the fastest by fat and its more a prove the lhs guy wrong thing. Just something to play with on weekends I don't have the kids

I like to push my granite blx to the limit. I take it through mud, water, rocks I also take it hiking with me. I have the most fun when me and my truck are covered in mud lol. I'm not great at fixing RCs I have to watch YouTube videos and read forums and stuff I'm not a natural mechanic but I'm getting better n better the more time I spend wrenching. I only have a 10 scale granite RN but I want to move up to a bigger rc but the price range is kinda out of my budget lol

I like to push my granite blx to the limit. I take it through mud, water, rocks I also take it hiking with me. I have the most fun when me and my truck are covered in mud lol. I'm not great at fixing RCs I have to watch YouTube videos and read forums and stuff I'm not a natural mechanic but I'm getting better n better the more time I spend wrenching. I only have a 10 scale granite RN but I want to move up to a bigger rc but the price range is kinda out of my budget lol
I think I could have bought 2 6S trucks by now maintaining and upgrading 2 3S trucks. The thing is they're plenty of fun and a faster bigger vehicle just has more parts are just as expensive or more to fix and I can probably cause way more damage with twice the voltage. I'm fine for now. It's nice to have two relatively equal trucks for me and my son and not one really stupid one.

Love to see a video of your high speed boat in action!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back