What kind of "RCer" are you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been in the hobby a little since 2016. Bought a Kyosho charger and used it on and off for a few years. Then covid-19 hit and I needed a stay at home hobby. Started off with dumb arse Traxxas 4x4 and tec 2.0 whatever's. After spending more time repairing sold them all. Bought an Limitless in May (had surgery had time) built it with one hand. 14 months later 2 infractions 2 Felony's.....new used one from @HotdogCustoms 1 limitless and a Senton. And a losi drag car. I went from taking days to build (hand) and being very scared to tear into a car. I am now building a infraction from scratch 💯 hand build and from extra parts a few parts given Thanks @Edough13 !!!! And a few JRC parts.

I like to parking lot bash and my cars have rarely needed repair. Most bodies are near perfect. Working on perfecting my dragster. Skyrc gps is on my short list to buy. I enjoy making cutting my own CF parts as of late. Save a little money and it is a challenge.

Last edited:
Yup no sand dunes near me unfortunately.
IMG_20190403_165055.jpg

BADAZZ hopefully I'll have some new videos of a few of the boats this week. My Zelos likes to flip threw the air . I'm hoping to solve that issue. And praying the Zonda doesn't want to fly like the Zelos36. Also the Blackjack 42 and the Zonda will be their maiden runs.

The collection. My 1/8th scale hydro isn't pictured . Still being built.
20210610_181256.jpg

Last edited:
I think I could have bought 2 6S trucks by now maintaining and upgrading 2 3S trucks. The thing is they're plenty of fun and a faster bigger vehicle just has more parts are just as expensive or more to fix and I can probably cause way more damage with twice the voltage. I'm fine for now. It's nice to have two relatively equal trucks for me and my son and not one really

I think I could have bought 2 6S trucks by now maintaining and upgrading 2 3S trucks. The thing is they're plenty of fun and a faster bigger vehicle just has more parts are just as expensive or more to fix and I can probably cause way more damage with twice the voltage. I'm fine for now. It's nice to have two relatively equal trucks for me and my son and not one really stupid one.
Totally true one of my fav things about having a 10 scale is the parts are easy to find n not that expensive. You are right having a bigger rc would all around be more of a pain lol just cant help the itch of wanting to try 6s or 8s lol

I do some mild bashing, speed running, and wrenching to fix what I break. Most of the jumps I do are 5-10 feet high and 10-20’ feet out. A big send is probably 15’ high and around 50’ out. I have been converting my outcast into a speed running typhon, and have it up to 74 mph with the outcast front and rear differentials so far. I’d probably do more wrenching and maintenance for fun if parts were more available and affordable.

09086BD7-E6C7-4F49-A1F8-0911D84A6CCB.png

I started out as just a casual basher and that escalated quickly to bigger ramp sends and then bigger ramp and now about 30' high and a good 50+ ft long sends when I bash. Granite 3s v2 was first real rig then got the Kraton 6s v4 which is what started the bigger and harder sends. Got bit by the speed bug hard end of last year and I'd say after I got my v5 Typhon for Christmas. So ran a little while stock then slowly put together a GT speed rig with MMX8S and TP 4050. Ran a good couple months from 64 stock v5 Typhon to GT and best PB of 125mph. Then I was absolutely hooked on speed running so picked up a Limitless roller from the forum and have continued to push into higher speeds. As of today 4s PB is 108mph, 6s PB of 126mph and 8s best overall PB of 138mph with a goal of 150mph this year. The hobby has been extremely helpful to me personally in helping with depression and also helped me stop gambling all together. Also can't say enough about this amazing forum and the absolutely incredible community of people on here that I have made some great friendships with. Also have found something that my kids enjoy as well and we can have a blast and spend time together doing. So here I am little over year into the hobby and currently have 7 rigs being the Granite, Kraton 6s, Notorious 6s, stretched Typhon 6s, Limitless and Bigrock and a 1/10 Tamiya mustang TT01 and gave my son the Vorteks I won from the forum fan event. Also have a YouTube channel if anyone's interested I appreciate anyone that wants to subscribe! https://youtube.com/channel/UCyem5aIkTlhlqHjhOQvnJHQ

Last edited:
Medium offroad basher, street/parking lot running/bashing. Collect what I like, but others I will thin the herd for something new when things get out of hand.
Got first boat awhile back and wanted to get more, but learned boats are money pits just like cars.
Always wanted to fly but can't get overwhelmed and lose interest in the hobby. Been around since year 2000.

I'm more of a scale driver, rock crawler, extremely mild basher (still have the original body in very good shape on my three-year-old Slash 2wd), wrencher (tinkering with new suspension setups, swapping electronics, fine-tuning setups, installing upgrade parts, etc.), and part-time drifter.

Wow. I feel like a boring rc'er now. 😯. I'm just a noob not a boob. My entry into rc was during covid. And was very troublesome at first. So I believe......well I know is made me a p**s* basher. Loads of little stupid things. Alot due to my super newbness. I do my research. Im not a mechanic my Pops was.On a non existent budget for this type of hobby. But its important for why I RC. Idle hands...blah blah......devil....blah....me........blah blah....devil wishes he was me and so on and so forth. So I take lots of pics to make up for my driving and usually get thru a run now. Ready for the next. Still freaks me out to be able to really hammer on the throttle and its able to take it.

I think I’m into mild to moderate bashing, definitely a wrencher and customizer. I like running in natural terrain, not skate parks/ramps and the like. I try to find hills and banks to launch off of. I also enjoy some track driving but only with 1/8 buggies. I’m into large scale as well 1/5 and rc boats. Im not trying to break my cars every time I go out but I’ve got a Kraton built to take extreme bashing which is fun time to time haha. But ya for me I like wrenching, repairing and upgrading the most. I wrench on stuff for a living.

Med-basher not into sending it but a little jumping is fun and cool with my Arrma rigs. I've found that I enjoy wrenching more than running them...go figure. I am not breaking them or any issues seems the IT tech in my just like the tweak and wrench or explorer.

If you have seen some of my post, I have found a love for the 1/10 RCs like the Vaterra, Kyosho, HPI 1/10 scale RC that have the 1969-1972 body and look and things I can do you scale it more. I only run them on gym floors, warehouse, skating ring, etc just too scale to bash or crash. I feel with these I found my hot wheels joy as a boy collecting these.

Probably my most joy with all these RCs and displaying these on the office wall as shelf queens but are functional and not just to look at only. Yes for me means I need to keep them clean on the office wall but goes to the looking and wrenching I find fun to do.

I drive mostly crawlers and a rock racer for trail running, but I use my Typhon 3s for occasional high speed running (not bashing). I picked up a Traxxas Factory Five 1933 Hot Rod Coupe yesterday for strictly pavement running.

I started out as just a casual basher and that escalated quickly to bigger ramp sends and then bigger ramp and now about 30' high and a good 50+ ft long sends when I bash. Granite 3s v2 was first real rig then got the Kraton 6s v4 which is what started the bigger and harder sends. Got bit by the speed bug hard end of last year and I'd say after I got my v5 Typhon for Christmas. So ran a little while stock then slowly put together a GT speed rig with MMX8S and TP 4050. Ran a good couple months from 64 stock v5 Typhon to GT and best PB of 125mph. Then I was absolutely hooked on speed running so picked up a Limitless roller from the forum and have continued to push into higher speeds. As of today 4s PB is 108mph, 6s PB of 126mph and 8s best overall PB of 138mph with a goal of 150mph this year. The hobby has been extremely helpful to me personally in helping with depression and also helped me stop gambling all together. Also can't say enough about this amazing forum and the absolutely incredible community of people on here that I have made some great friendships with. Also have found something that my kids enjoy as well and we can have a blast and spend time together doing. So here I am little over year into the hobby and currently have 7 rigs being the Granite, Kraton 6s, Notorious 6s, stretched Typhon 6s, Limitless and Bigrock and a 1/10 Tamiya mustang TT01 and gave my son the Vorteks I won from the forum fan event. Also have a YouTube channel if anyone's interested I appreciate anyone that wants to subscribe! https://youtube.com/channel/UCyem5aIkTlhlqHjhOQvnJHQ
I’m in a similar situation this hobby has helped me with personal issues and in my recovery from health and substance issues. Everyone kept saying, “Get a Hobby” well I did. 😂 still learning what kind of rc’s I am. Igot a: Typhon 3s, a K6exb, a Typhon 6s v5, and a TFL pursuit Boat. I keep taking them apart and reassembling them 😂 lol… and I get lots of ideas of things I want to try to do to be original, cause I don’t want to be just a copy of someone else’s ideas, but it’s tough cause a lots been tried already. But I’ll find my original thing.

I’m in a similar situation this hobby has helped me with personal issues and in my recovery from health and substance issues. Everyone kept saying, “Get a Hobby” well I did. 😂 still learning what kind of rc’s I am. Igot a: Typhon 3s, a K6exb, a Typhon 6s v5, and a TFL pursuit Boat. I keep taking them apart and reassembling them 😂 lol… and I get lots of ideas of things I want to try to do to be original, cause I don’t want to be just a copy of someone else’s ideas, but it’s tough cause a lots been tried already. But I’ll find my original thing.
Just be ok with coping many to make ur own. Like u said all has almost been done. Hope its doing u the good its doing for me on the recovery bud 👍

I am now a 50/50 racer and basher . We ( my daughter and I ) race and focus on short course trucks indoor off road carpet / turf , set-ups / tuning to get faster and faster . SCT's are a challenging truck , you can't drive them like the buggies and stadium trucks . We prided ourselves to get our SCT's to be fast and handle like on rails . We race every Fri night at our local track for 3-4 years , but because of the pandemic , they had shut down for a while . So bashing took over . Hence why I like SCT's for the scale bashing . I like to jump , but not one of those " send it " to the moon guys as I don't want to constantly break stuff . However , as others , love to watch you guys that do !!!!

I'm a medium basher. Only been in the hobby since January 2021 and have purchased 10 cars since then, sold 2, destroyed 2, 2 are waiting to be fixed might not ever be, 3 Arrnas 3s that just rock!

I was a reluctant wrencher but soon found out to stay in the hobby I had to embrace it.

I enjoy sending it but also going fast around my 9 acre farmlet. I would like to build a track in the future.

I do some mild bashing, speed running, and wrenching to fix what I break. Most of the jumps I do are 5-10 feet high and 10-20’ feet out. A big send is probably 15’ high and around 50’ out. I have been converting my outcast into a speed running typhon, and have it up to 74 mph with the outcast front and rear differentials so far. I’d probably do more wrenching and maintenance for fun if parts were more available and affordable.

View attachment 155575
Great playground. The setting looks familiar. Are you Bryan L Olds97 on YouTube?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back