What kind of "RCer" are you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do I find super smooth surfaces. Like outdoor rinks and stuff? Warehouses? How do? I have a very finicky very fast touring car with like 3mm clearance and parking lots and asphalt just shred tires like mad.

Tennis courts I suppose. Any tips on finding that perfect smooth playground?

Sports courts are smooth, but they're often actually not that large once you have a fast RC. I can't hit top speed across 3 tennis/basketball courts with a Granite. A large parking lot is still probably the best bet.

Well @TheBadazz, that's a tough question. At one time, I was an animalistic destroyer of anything I touched in rc. Being on the forum since 2018, I felt I had to make a name for myself and destroyer of rc's was the title I claimed at the time. Fast forward to 2021 and I'm much more serious about details in both my bashers and my speedrunners. Better control for sure but even when I take risks in big jumps or high speeds, they're much more calculated. Speed has definitely taken the front seat but with two big bashers sitting and waiting, I feel the urge to hit a bmx track or skate park and send them to the moon. Sh!t, I feel the old Noto J creeping back in😮

I'm a mix of a lot, but I'd say it generally goes in this order (from what I spend the most time doing to the least).

Touring Racer, Wrencher, Builder/Creator, Crawler, Teacher (of my kids), Drag Racer, Rock Racer, Basher, Speed Runner, Drifter, Collector.

I had to re-evaluate what kind of RCer I am. I've come to the conclusion that I am the broke kind. :ROFLMAO:
I second this post!!!

Mild/moderate basher now, former club racer and heavy basher. I'd like to race again but our club fell apart a long time ago due to mismanagement.

Definitely a wrencher/tinkerer as well, and occasionally a creator of custom parts.

Mild/moderate basher now, former club racer and heavy basher. I'd like to race again but our club fell apart a long time ago due to mismanagement.

Definitely a wrencher/tinkerer as well, and occasionally a creator of custom parts.
Yeah, there are no good clubs around here left, so my friends and i just started our own and race for pride, maybe some pocket cash, and occasional pinks. We have a few dirt tracks built at my farm and we'll set up road courses in a few rarely used parking lots. There's an old dog track nearby that's been closed for years so we keep part of the parking lot clear of weeds and use it for road courses. Sadly, haven't been on a carpet course for a long time, though I don't miss it that much.

I was out of the hobby for some years and lost contact with most of the people I used to race and bash with, but I'm thinking about trying to track them down and get something going like what you describe. Casual racing on makeshift tracks. Maybe get a proper dirt one built again too.

I was out of the hobby for some years and lost contact with most of the people I used to race and bash with, but I'm thinking about trying to track them down and get something going like what you describe. Casual racing on makeshift tracks. Maybe get a proper dirt one built again too.
I honestly like it so much more than when I was part of an official club. It's so much more relaxed. There isn't a huge RC following where I'm at, and remaining clubs in my area are either extremely poorly run, or filled with a bunch of crybaby d-bags (or both). We just get together once or twice a week, have a few beers and rip around the track for a couple of hours. Sometimes we forget to keep track of who won.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back