What kind of Rig (PC) you got at home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

🇺🇸 DΞזΞפּ 🇺🇸

Cake Boss
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Typhon 6s
Show your PC and what you got in it, did you build it? you can't possible do all the work on a Smartphone lol.
I got to get ready for work, will list all the guts later on.
I used to run competition on HWBOT with team ROG ASUS.
Video

rig.jpg

CB15.jpg

20190906_025139.jpg

cachemem.png

i9 LQ OC'd 32RAM Samsung 970 Pro 2TB M.2 Only a 1060 GC, not a gamer. It was cheaper for me to build a gaming puter vs. buying an office puter with all the same specs.

View attachment 190946
Nice rig! If you can build it...then do it. It's pretty easy and there's plenty of YT vids with guides.
You're right, buying a completed PC is more expensive than building one. Not to mention manufacturers usually get bundle deals from companies for basic stripped down computer parts "mother board, memory, etc."

I stopped building my own PCs over 10 years ago. The last PC I built (in 2009) had an early Intel i7 processor, 8gb of RAM, 512gb hard drive, and a high-end Radeon dual-slot graphics card (might have been a HD 4870). I'm not a gamer, so I only need a basic PC. My current PC is a 27" touch screen Dell AIO Inspiron 7790 with Intel i7 processor, 16gb RAM, 512gb SSD, and built in Intel graphics. IIRC, when I bought it a little over a year ago it was $300 off the regular price, and it was a great deal.

Last one I built was a few years ago and I'm typing on it now. My primary use is video editing, but honestly this will be the last one I ever build. It's running around 4ghz wide open and met my goal of < 1:1 on HD video render times. Going forward it'll just be a laptop as they've gotten fast enough and video editing software much better and more efficient. That and a big external drive are all I'll need going forward.

It's funny seeing all the fancy water cooling stuff available now. I custom build a water cooled setup 15 years ago when you had to make everything yourself. Wrote an article about it on overclockers.com and they actually sent me $100 to publish it LOL, I thought I was famous! The system worked great and I was running 2.2Ghz before that was even close to being available. Everything was peachy until the aquarium pump spindles failed and the proc got so hot it melted the solder out of the copper block and burned a hole in the video card LOL.

IMG_0137.JPG

00_00036.JPG
00_00012.JPG

PXL_20210430_023451791.MP.jpg
Ryzen 3900X on Asus ROG xhair VIII formula 32GB ram Asus strix 3080 custom dual loop LC.
PXL_20201123_173255448.MP - Copy.jpg

All AMD/ Lian Li build I did for my cousin. Asus Strix x570 MB Ryzen 5900X, 32GB ram, Radeon 6800 gpu, Lian Gallahad AIO, in a Lian Li 011D, accent with Lian Li unifans around. I love building rigs of all kinds.

Started when I wanted to switch from PS4 to PC. Sold my PS4 (with games, Scuf controller etc) for $400 right before the PS5 was released. Built a budget $450 light gaming PC (w/out GPU). Then the upgrade bug got me. Currently about $1,600 in parts. No fancy liquid cooling (yet).

Ryzen 7 3700X
3060 ti
X570 Mobo
16gb RAM at 3,200MHz

_20220107_152305.png
_20220107_152330.png

Last one I built was a few years ago and I'm typing on it now. My primary use is video editing, but honestly this will be the last one I ever build. It's running around 4ghz wide open and met my goal of < 1:1 on HD video render times. Going forward it'll just be a laptop as they've gotten fast enough and video editing software much better and more efficient. That and a big external drive are all I'll need going forward.

It's funny seeing all the fancy water cooling stuff available now. I custom build a water cooled setup 15 years ago when you had to make everything yourself. Wrote an article about it on overclockers.com and they actually sent me $100 to publish it LOL, I thought I was famous! The system worked great and I was running 2.2Ghz before that was even close to being available. Everything was peachy until the aquarium pump spindles failed and the proc got so hot it melted the solder out of the copper block and burned a hole in the video card LOL.

View attachment 190978

View attachment 190976View attachment 190977
I did everything myself besides the 90 deg chrome fitting, I bended the hard tubing once and I thought it looked tacky so I added the TT elbows, I messed with PC's before everyone freaked out about Y2K bug.
It's all a ripoff anyway, if you're not competing in speed and OCing it not even worth all of it since you can't tell the difference in speed only the numbers
but it's fun regardless, until I fried a few high end mobo's with Liquid Nitrogen. I got a good rig now and probably not doing anymore for a while.

Last edited:
Back