What kind of Rig (PC) you got at home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

🇺🇸 DΞזΞפּ 🇺🇸

Cake Boss
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Typhon 6s
Show your PC and what you got in it, did you build it? you can't possible do all the work on a Smartphone lol.
I got to get ready for work, will list all the guts later on.
I used to run competition on HWBOT with team ROG ASUS.
Video

rig.jpg

CB15.jpg

20190906_025139.jpg

cachemem.png

You guys could always help me with some nice add ons.. I really got it for my daughter for xmas!! So its hers😭
Good thing you didn't get an Alienware with their proprietary crap that you can hardly upgrade. One thing to consider on yours (your daughters) is getting new RAM. A set of two sticks so you have the benefits of dual channel.
Yeah the prices are astronomical right now. When I got my 3080 I was offered 2k for my 2080ti, but decided to donate it to my cousin's build, since he was stuck home after an accident.
I donated most of my old parts to build a PC for my son-in-law but my first GPU was a RX580 that I bought new for $190 before the prices skyrocketed. Ended up selling that for $300 in order to lessen the blow of the 3060 ti. Though I got that through the Newegg shuffle so I didn't overpay for it.

If anyone wants to tinker with a custom water loop rig, I got lots a parts a open test bench instead of a pc case with 2 360 radiators about 2 inch thick in a push pull config, meaning 12 fans mounted on the radiators, 2 separate water pumps/reservoir combo and 1 evga 1080ti Hydrocopper gpu. a few solid drive stage.
all you need is a MOBO, CPU, PSU I think I still got some gskill ram but it depends on what cpu/mobo combo you using.
Good thing you didn't get an Alienware with their proprietary crap that you can hardly upgrade. One thing to consider on yours (your daughters) is getting new RAM. A set of two sticks so you have the benefits of dual channel.

I donated most of my old parts to build a PC for my son-in-law but my first GPU was a RX580 that I bought new for $190 before the prices skyrocketed. Ended up selling that for $300 in order to lessen the blow of the 3060 ti. Though I got that through the Newegg shuffle so I didn't overpay for it.
I hate their overpriced crap, loaded with bloatware
Yeah the prices are astronomical right now. When I got my 3080 I was offered 2k for my 2080ti, but decided to donate it to my cousin's build, since he was stuck home after an accident.
It's because of all the Mining rigs people build to make a buck, if you don't buy a 100 of the gpu's you won't even make that much :)
Good Man, awesome.

Last edited:
The radiator in my old water cooled rig was a Chevy Chevette heater core. Worked awesome once I built a custom fan shroud.
would love to see the pics of that, sounds great
I tried to build phase change with an old refrigerator compressor lets just say I fried some stuff but it worked for a few seconds :LOL:

would love to see the pics of that, sounds great
I tried to build phase change with an old refrigerator compressor lets just say I fried some stuff but it worked for a few seconds :LOL:

Had to go dig them up, hard to believe it was 20 years ago! From memory I think adding the shroud improved cooling performance almost 30%.

size2.jpg
heatercore.jpg
shroudwithgasket2.jpg
heatercoremounting.jpg
completeheatercoresetup.jpg

3-8barbsonheatercore.jpg

20210715_162119.jpg

20210715_162230.jpg

oleddesktop.jpg

Specs:

Amd Ryzen 5900x

EVGA 3080 ti xc3 ultra hydrocopper

G skill trident z 32gb ddr4

Gigabyte aorus elite x570 motherboard

TEAMGROUP T-Force CARDEA Zero Z440 1TB PCIe Gen4

PNY CS2130 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Gen3

Bykski distro plate

2x 360 rads

Barrow cpu block

7x cooler master mf120

Lian li strimer plus rgb cables

9 times out of 10 I'm using the LG oled as my pc monitor. honestly, I feel guilty, for as good as my pc is I don't play many games on it anymore. I need to get back into it. ;(

Last edited:
View attachment 191724
View attachment 191725
View attachment 191727

Specs:

Amd Ryzen 5900x

EVGA 3080 ti xc3 ultra hydrocopper

G skill trident z 32gb

Gigabyte aorus elite x570 motherboard

TEAMGROUP T-Force CARDEA Zero Z440 1TB PCIe Gen4

PNY CS2130 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Gen3

Bykski distro plate

2x 360 rads

Barrow cpu block

7x cooler master mf120

Lian li strimer plus rgb cables

9 times out of 10 I'm using the LG oled as my pc monitor. honestly, I feel guilty, for as good as my pc is I don't play many games on it anymore. I need to get back into it. ;(
I feel you, nice and clean build :)

so i was thinking of getting a new pc and selling off my old one that i bought pre built as i didnt know what i was doing
any reccomemdations? im probably just going to build a water cooling system, a 3090 and some fiber optics. so nothing to extreme just something that can handle large servers and high speed (racing game) graphics

so i was thinking of getting a new pc and selling off my old one that i bought pre built as i didnt know what i was doing
any reccomemdations? im probably just going to build a water cooling system, a 3090 and some fiber optics. so nothing to extreme just something that can handle large servers and high speed (racing game) graphics
Unfortunately prebuilt is the only way you are going to find a gpu right now.

Back