what layer to put metal flake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rijodan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon Mega
After my son decided to full blast my granite into the 20 ft drainage ditch the body was trashed, fishing it out it flattened the body to the car.

So i bought a clear one and got it trimmed up how i want and using some guides on here im getting it primed, went to the store today and saw they had metal flake clear spray, My thinking is its a clear spray so a layer or 3 of the metal flay, then the blue/black fade then layers of black to make it pop underneath.

Is this right? or should i do the blue black fade and then do metal flake under, im not quite sure as ive not done layered paints before and quick searching on google and the forum didnt find any results for me.

Paints are all the traxxas sprays

@Ajag could give you a few pointers, sounds like that would be the correct steps in the layers, I would think the clear would go first and then whatever bases you want would be last.. just assuming 🙄

Traxxas paint sucks, either use spazstick or Tamyia…
You use the light coat first. For example. Lame flake. How many ever light coats you decide then move on to the next color you want. Then back it with white or black or even gray to get the desired effect

I had bad luck with spaz stix too - but have only tried one color - a blue metallic. Felt thicker and peeled easy. I'm not an expert but have sprayed a good 8+ cans of tamiya by without a hiccup.
Pretty sure you put the lame flake down first and then the color so you can see the flakes. I was thinking of trying it myself. I was wondering if I put down a translucent color THEN the flake, then the backer what it would look like.
I think it's called ps-53 lame flake you can google examples and guides. Doesn't look to hard.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back