Senton What Lipo Batteries ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vulcan603

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi All,

I am just getting back into the hobby. Based in the UK and just ordered a Senton 6s.

I am looking at buying some batteries but really dislike running softpacks.

I am looking at 4s gensacearespammers 6750 which appear to fit in the hard case option. For 6s I don't see much choice out there.

Anyone aware of a 6s hardcase pack available in the UK that will fit the Senton with reasonable runtime.

Anyone have an opinion on the gensacearespammers batteries, used to run just turnigy about 6 years ago in my Savage Flux.

Cheers

Vulcan

Before running turnigy graphene batteries I ran venom. Still run venom in a lot of vehicles.

I use 2 x 3s 5200mah 40/80 gensacearespammers 'bashing' batteries in my Talion and have no complaints.

Must be about 20 by now, got them with the Talion around 6 weeks ago.

I do a balance charge after every run as I am never in a big rush to get them charged. I have hit LVC a few times but now tend to run them until the max speed of the car has slowed as I know it's time to stop.

I've just thought of one possible complaint (being very picky). The white balance charge plug is a lot deeper than some so doesn't fit into the little slot beside the Talions battery compartment.

Last edited:
Must be about 20 by now, got them with the Talion around 6 weeks ago.

I do a balance charge after every run as I am never in a big rush to get them charged. I have hit LVC a few times but now tend to run them until the max speed of the car has slowed as I know it's time to stop.

I've just thought of one possible complaint (being very picky). The white balance charge plug is a lot deeper than some so doesn't fit into the little slot beside the Talions battery compartment.
Thanks for letting me know. From my previous RC experience I normally set my lipo cut off at about 3.7V from memory rather then default. (3.4v?? Sorry it's been a while) and yes I am the same I generally don't change fast as I am also in no rush.
I might order myself a set.i hope I have made the right decision getting the Senton ..

I don't think we can adjust the LVC of the BLX185, I'm not sure what it's set to but I've ran my car to a stop a couple of times (I know I shouldn't but...) and the batteries showed at 3.6V each cell on my charger. People with more experience than me reckoned that would have been read lower in the car at time of shutdown due to being under load and time taken for me to get back home and plug the batteries in.
I'm sure you'll have a great time with the Senton. There's a lot of different batteries to choose from, I'm thinking of getting another Arrma, and if I do will probably get a Turnigy 6S because I can get it cheaper than the 2 x 3s.

Decided I am going to get.

6s 4000mah Turnigy Basher Lipo Hard Case
4s gensacearespammers 6750 Hard Case

Will use that as a starting point.

I am pretty certain the armma esc is a hobby wing rebranded esc. I believe I have a programming box somewhere allowing to adjust punch control etc including lipo cut off values. I will try it and see if it works when it arrives.

I know that your set on hardpack lipos but I really haven't had a problem with soft packs. The hardbacks are great but I have found that in or around moisture my hard ones have failed more. Good softpacks should treat you right, and you can find a lot more with higher mah in more sizes. I only have two hard batteries left and that is so I can drive on a track that requires them...

Ok, so I am interested in buying this lipo.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/graphene-5000mah-4s-hardcase-w-5mm-female-bullet-connector.html

Everything other than the length says it will fit the Senton. Measuring up with the tape measure show it should fit but will hang over the chassis plate slightly.

Specs:
Capacity: 5000mAh
Voltage: 4S1P / 4 Cell / 14.8V
Discharge: 90C Constant 130C Burst Rate
Weight: 599g (including wire, plug & case)
Dimensions: 165x52x44mm
Balance Plug: JST-XH
Discharge Plug: 5.00mm (in case)

Would appreciate your opinion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back