Typhon What LiPo's are you running?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is something in our brains that jumps to conclusions when we see high prices the assumption is quality.
Biggest over hyped product I have seen in years is that max-amps brand.

I have tried many brands and so far my favorite for power, durability, and long life is Turnigy. I happen to have a new Graphene Panther 6s (and really like it), but some of their lower price options are great also. Their heavy duty line is a solid performer for a reasonable price.
Independent testing also shows Maxamps to be some of the worst performing batteries out of the big brands.

There is something in our brains that jumps to conclusions when we see high prices the assumption is quality.
Biggest over hyped product I have seen in years is that max-amps brand.

I have tried many brands and so far my favorite for power, durability, and long life is Turnigy. I happen to have a new Graphene Panther 6s (and really like it), but some of their lower price options are great also. Their heavy duty line is a solid performer for a reasonable price.
turnigy to me is the best all around lipo just my personal opinion

Independent testing also shows Maxamps to be some of the worst performing batteries out of the big brands.
I have not seen scientific testing results, but the speedrun community figured out very quickly that they do not output high amps/c-ratings as claimed.

Top 4 battery companies for successful 140+mph speed runs (in no particular order)
SMC
Turnigy
Dynogy
Revolectrix

*edit +1
Roaring top

Last edited:
[/QUOTE
see iv been told different but I believe you slick and iv never owned one... iv never even looked into them just know people that do have them and they like them but I think they just like the brand name idk lol

All you are paying for is their "Lifetime" warranty. First year you get a free replacement, after that you have to pay 50% the cost of a new one. And you can send the battery back into them and they will rewrap it with shrink wrap for free for the life of the battery.

see iv been told different but I believe you slick and iv never owned one... iv never even looked into them just know people that do have them and they like them but I think they just like the brand name idk lol

The only time I have seen people say good things about MaxAmps was simply because they were gloating about how much money they dropped on their RC. Hopefully no one here...

I like to have at least some understanding of the product OTHER than what their marketing material says before purchasing it. Consumer reviews and testing is the only way to get the truth from the LiPo industry. The C-ratings thing is just insane. It destroyed the abilities to use math in calculations for your specific battery needs. (big frustration for this engineer who loves to crunch numbers)

The only time I have seen people say good things about MaxAmps was simply because they were gloating about how much money they dropped on their RC. Hopefully no one here...

I like to have at least some understanding of the product OTHER than what their marketing material says before purchasing it. Consumer reviews and testing is the only way to get the truth from the LiPo industry. The C-ratings thing is just insane. It destroyed the abilities to use math in calculations for your specific battery needs. (big frustration for this engineer who loves to crunch numbers)
I agree %100 it's why I said they seem to have them just for the name...only way I could say it nicely if ya know what mean lol

Not sure if you were around for the whole Maxamps URC debacle or not, Jang from URC decided to take one of their batteries and build a load test machine that connected to his computer. He cranked it up to 250a which the battery should have been able to handle easily, and it damn near exploded on him. Maxamps made him pull the video down, not sure what all went down, but afterwards even so much as mentioning Maxamps on the URC forums would get you banned.

Not sure if you were around for the whole Maxamps URC debacle or not, Jang from URC decided to take one of their batteries and build a load test machine that connected to his computer. He cranked it up to 250a which the battery should have been able to handle easily, and it damn near exploded on him. Maxamps made him pull the video down, not sure what all went down, but afterwards even so much as mentioning Maxamps on the URC forums would get you banned.
I have been in and out of the hobby. Just recently got back in about 2.5 years ago.
I had a similar experience on the "other" forum, where you couldn't mention certain brand names. I received a few warnings...

Last edited:
$70 ea @ Lhs

Attachments

• 36075FD0-084E-41B4-9ADB-FA42698461F6.png
    36075FD0-084E-41B4-9ADB-FA42698461F6.png
    462.5 KB · Views: 52
Hrb lipos from amazon are good ive got the 3s 6000mah 50c for $40
Rcjuice.com sells hobbystar lipos also good 3s 6500mah 75c with 2c charge capabilities $60

I run my kraton on hen 6s, overlander 65c 3s, fuoreon 50c 3s and I've just got hold of some cheap zop's but think they will be used for the senton box.
The hrb's have proved to be good so far. Decent run time of about 30-35 minutes depending on what I'm doing and no puffing or swelling so far. Picked up 2 from flea bay for just under £100 I'll. The overlanders give a little more punch but cost a little more. They are hard cased but fit well. The floureon are ok for the money, about £35 each. Again, no swelling or puffing and have held thier shape too. As for the zop power.... we will see!! I have had to swap out the connectors to xc90's on all of the batteries, but it's no major job and I know the joint is good afterwards. I'll let you all know when the kraton sets on fire as a result of using cheap power before some one says "you'll regret it".... not too worried, that gives me a reason to buy another truck then!!
Cheers.
Andy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back