Outcast What Loctite to use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theo688

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 4s
Hi,

I recently replaced my a arms on my outcast with RPM. It got me thinking about what people use loctite on and what Color loctite?
Any help would be appreciated!

Red is considered permanent and requires heat for removal. Blue is more forgiving, yet adequate for RC use.

Blue is adequate for almost all bolts. I might use orange on the motor mount bolts and the servo saver and grub screws if I feel it needs it.

Red is overkill and shouldnt be used in our Arrmas imo..

I have been using orange on everything except pinion set screws. For that I use red.

Hi,

I recently replaced my a arms on my outcast with RPM. It got me thinking about what people use loctite on and what Color loctite?
Don’t use loctite on screws that go into plastic, if you didn’t already know. ?

Hi,

I recommend using blue loctite on any metal to metal screws. I also highly suggest getting the blue loctite in stick form.

The stick is much easier to apply, you don't have to worry about runs, drips or forgetting to close the cap and the liquid drying up.

I didn’t! Thanks that’s more or less what I was wondering. Seemed like when I threaded the shock screw into the new a arm it didn’t snug up like I thought it would.
Gotta go easy on the plastic parts, No He-Man Action! ?

I use blue gel on most things, orange on pinions and red on alloy diff cases and v2/v3 steering collar nuts. I use heat to remove red and orange.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back