Kraton What model ESC's have adjustable BEC's, and how to you crank it up.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

East tactics

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
What model ESC's have adjustable BEC's, and why can't I find info on how to adjust it? I'm pretty sure my ESC is not adjustable. I have the stock ESC that comes in the 2019 V4 Kraton 6s (which is the BLX185). I've learned, that since I have an upgraded servo, i can send more power to it with the right ESC, or by purchasing and installing a BEC. My steering servo can handle 7.4v... and would like to take advantage of it, but the stock ESC only outputs 6v.
Ideally I would just adjust the internal BEC in my ESC and away we go... but, I can find no where on how to do this... which leads me to think that my ESC just doesn't have an Adjustable internal BEC. Does anyone know which ESC's out there have adjustable internal BEC's?
Im not oppose to buying a better ESC that has this adjustable BEC, but surprisingly I've yet find info how how exactly you adjust this, even if you have one.
I looked up the specs on the Max6 and it says it can output both 6v and 7.4v... but how do you adjust it. Any help would be appreciated.
Heck... would be nice if the Stock ESC that came with the Kraton (BLX185) had a way to adjust up to 7.4... doubtful though.

thanks

Almost any aftermarket ESC will have an adjustable BEC. The MAX6 would be a good replacement for the BLX185.
is it a switch or something found on the ESC, or is it adjusted similarly to the way I would adjust the punch setting on the BLX?
Just curious.

If I wanted to save money though, I could just buy an external BEC and install it, correct?

is it a switch or something found on the ESC, or is it adjusted similarly to the way I would adjust the punch setting on the BLX?
Just curious.

If I wanted to save money though, I could just buy an external BEC and install it, correct?
It’s a variable just like punch and brake. Yes an external BEC is another way. Or a small 2S lipo.

Like adjusting your punch...the BEC adjustable feature would be there as another value item in its setup program.(upgrade ESC's). If your only concern is upping your BEC Voltage and Amps, I would consider a standalone Castle BEC. You will also need a programmer for this BEC to make those adjustments. I usually choose a high torque servo that yields its advertised specs close to 6.0v. That's how I run them with the BLX185. Upping the voltage to 7.4v for instance doesn't necessarily make servo work its best. Torque output and speed are not always as advertised when upping BEC voltage and Amps. Most overlook more important Amp specs of their ESC's BEC output. I would rather have a 6.0volts/5amp BEC than a BEC with 7.4v/2amp output. Inadequate amps will cause servo brownouts and servo stalling.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back