Typhon What mods to make typhon 3s fast on street

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerseydrew

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
been watching lots of speed run vids on the tube and i want to try and get into it. I can pick up a used Typhon 3S for about 200 bucks. Seems like a good start point.

Replace motor bearings (at minimum).
Bigger pinion.
Better fans.
GRP tires.
Reduced steering dual rate.
Thicker shock oil.
Quality battery (SMC, CNHL).
Possibly a spool/smaller spur.

Just how fast exactly?
The factory Arrma ESCs will limit you to speeds under 100mph

Some mods to consider

Mod #1 would be these tires https://www.hobbyheroes.com/product...ead-soft-white-20-spoke-rubber-tires-hard-rim
Mod#2 modify the shocks for travel limit up and down using nitro fuel tube. Set the rear high and the front low to avoid blow-overs.
Mod#3 would be a MMX8s or XLX2 ESC
Mod#4 good quality CNHL G+70c battery with high current connectors (Castle 6.5s or QSQ)
Mod#5 HR spool with Revo style mod 1 spur gear and matching mod 1 gear for motor.
Mod#6 TP Power 4050CM motor something in the 3800-4500kv range to stay on 3s to 4s power levels (batteries will fit in the car and you can go 120+ on those power levels)
Mod#7 modify the shocks for travel limit up and down using nitro fuel tube.
Mode#8 upgrade the servo to something in the 35-45kg range
Mod#8 Radiolink RC6GS v2 radio is a good entry radio for speed runs (1700+ ft range abilities)

Buy a Typhon 6s . :p
I agree with this. Don't waste the 200 imo, hell someone was just selling a typhon TLR with included 4s electronics for like 400. There are deals to be had.

Honestly I would not upgrade the typhon 3s besides another set of tires, pinion and fans if needed. Basically don't put money into it. Enjoy it as is imo. I love mine but trying to make it more than what it is when there is a much better rig....any 6s Arrma is just not the way.
Run it but save up for a Kraton v5 or if you love the building aspect an exb Kraton 6s. Until you get one you just can't understand the smile you face can even make.
I'm willing to bet many will agree with me😊👊👍

been watching lots of speed run vids on the tube and i want to try and get into it. I can pick up a used Typhon 3S for about 200 bucks. Seems like a good start point.
K

PXL_20221106_130340431.jpg

PXL_20221109_121841213.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20221207_042225029.jpg
    PXL_20221207_042225029.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 61
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back