Senton What oil should I use for diffs?

1999fd

Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
I have these. Can I use them? If so which is better?
IMG20221206152931.jpg

vicious_oli

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Infraction 4x4
Noone replied which is better. I don't know poop about oils.
They look to be too thin. Stock diff oil weight for Senton 3s is 10k (10,000), you seem to have 7k and 5k.

I've recently changed to 60k in the front, 30k in the back. Handles pretty good. If you're going to tackle the diffs, buy the diff gasket also, replace it, even if the ones on the diffs look ok.

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 3s
They look to be too thin. Stock diff oil weight for Senton 3s is 10k (10,000), you seem to have 7k and 5k.

I've recently changed to 60k in the front, 30k in the back. Handles pretty good. If you're going to tackle the diffs, buy the diff gasket also, replace it, even if the ones on the diffs look ok.
+1..

Livesalty710

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s

What if I run 80k in front and 40k in back?

Livesalty710

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
What if I run 80k in front and 40k in back?
I ordered 80k some hobby shop recommended 100k front and back but from my understanding I want a little thinner in rear. Is there another weight I could get? And make custom weight with my 80k? Or I'll be ok 80 front 40 back

SrC

RC is a lifestyle choice
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Typhon TLR
The rig will be easier to drive with thinner oil at the rear. My starting rule is whatever the rear is, double it for the front. When you move up in thickness, Keep that 2:1 ratio. Just a good place to start IMHO. I would not go thinner than Stock oils,( 10k) IMHO. It is already too thin from the factory. Diff oil is pretty much subjective from there, we all drive differently.

Last edited: