Senton What oil should I use for diffs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
I have these. Can I use them? If so which is better?
IMG20221206152931.jpg

Noone replied which is better. I don't know poop about oils.
They look to be too thin. Stock diff oil weight for Senton 3s is 10k (10,000), you seem to have 7k and 5k.

I've recently changed to 60k in the front, 30k in the back. Handles pretty good. If you're going to tackle the diffs, buy the diff gasket also, replace it, even if the ones on the diffs look ok.

They look to be too thin. Stock diff oil weight for Senton 3s is 10k (10,000), you seem to have 7k and 5k.

I've recently changed to 60k in the front, 30k in the back. Handles pretty good. If you're going to tackle the diffs, buy the diff gasket also, replace it, even if the ones on the diffs look ok.
+1..

Yeah, def too thin. I run 30/20 in mine and it runs well. I'm gonna go a little thicker when he gets his winter tune-up. (y) 😁✌️🎅

What if I run 80k in front and 40k in back?

What if I run 80k in front and 40k in back?
I ordered 80k some hobby shop recommended 100k front and back but from my understanding I want a little thinner in rear. Is there another weight I could get? And make custom weight with my 80k? Or I'll be ok 80 front 40 back

The rig will be easier to drive with thinner oil at the rear. My starting rule is whatever the rear is, double it for the front. When you move up in thickness, Keep that 2:1 ratio. Just a good place to start IMHO. I would not go thinner than Stock oils,( 10k) IMHO. It is already too thin from the factory. Diff oil is pretty much subjective from there, we all drive differently.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back