Kraton What Oil to Central Diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marek125

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Hi, I bought the Arrma Kraton 8S and I wasn't surprised how much the power pushed to the front what oil to use to change the ratio?

Be certain the gasket material isn't damage. Huge inertial forces at play there, so it's best to use a small torch to "spread" the 20M as far into the diff case as possible while filling. This stuff is basically putty and is more manageable while applying heat during installation to be certain it's fully filled.

I’m sorry, I should have clarified. Using a torch with a “flame defuser” or heat blower so as to avoid burning the fluid.

How full are folks filling the diff? Just started taking mine apart to do the bearings and replace with 20mil fluid. Stock, mine has very little fluid in it to begin with.

How full are folks filling the diff? Just started taking mine apart to do the bearings and replace with 20mil fluid. Stock, mine has very little fluid in it to begin with.
When using 20 million you need to smash it in there. I loaded mine, ran it and then put more in. I don't think you can put too much 20 mil in. It's like putty.

When using 20 million you need to smash it in there. I loaded mine, ran it and then put more in. I don't think you can put too much 20 mil in. It's like putty.

Thats basically what I ended up doing. I did lube it a bit with 1mil, not enough to get it below 19mil in total. But loaded one half, mashed the center in, then loaded the top half. Turned it a bunch to chew it up, then loaded a bit more before mashing down the top.

I can't run it for awhile until my gears get here from Saga. I'll count' myself lucky to get a 43, 45, and 46. Not much else left in stock right now.

I repalced mine with 2mill center , 300k front and 100k rear. Car runs great and handles fantastic.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back