Typhon What part is this???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Go Arrma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Typhon 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
So... I was driving my rc car (well no duh) and I drove across the yard and did a 180. After the short 180, I pulled on the throttle and the arm/thingiemajigger fell off along with the camber link(are 6s typhon camber links saposta look weird like that?)and the drive shaft. from what it looked like to me, the drive shaft only fell off because of the arm falling off. Does it have a screw or anything to hold it in? I don't think so, but IDK. Sorry for the bad quality picture. I am using a chrome book(don't have a phone yet). I am new to the 6s line and they are sooooooo confusing. Anyways there is this part that holds the arm in and it came off. I bought this typhon used and a bunch of the screws were loose. Me being a fool just drove it anyway because I wanted to and this happened. See the pic below. what is that part? where can I find it? Oya, is the camber link supposed to have a screw to hold it on?
IMG_20211104_183710.jpg

That helped me understand the 6s typhon a little more @Cheez, but I still am looking for that part. Is it in that pic you posted?

It's really hard to tell by the picture but if like @Hammer Down suggested the rear hinge pin block is there and I can see the fron is there also, you may have a split in the rear hinge pin block allowing the hinge pin to pop out that holds the arm in place. Here's a pic of the rear block I'd guess the hole for the hinge pin is split or the front just came loose and allowed the hinge pin again to pop out. Remove the front block and push the hinge pin back into the rear and tighten the front back down and pull on the arm. If it's solid I'd guess the front is bent forward or was loose, if the hinge pin pulls out the rear block is probably split at the hole.
20211104_202619.jpg

Here is another pic showing the front and rear blocks they are all that holds the hinge pin in and arm in place that's why I'd guess either one is loose or split allowing the hingepin to pop out
20211104_203344.jpg

Last edited:
All I know is that It held the arm in place.

Nope. Nice try though. It doesn't look like that.
Some better photos would help us help you.

It's the Flux Capacitor. :ROFLMAO:

Just kidding, like said above it is this part right here https://www.ebay.com/itm/393630202806?hash=item5ba6303bb6:g:CWIAAOSw0cBhaUOW

Now would be a good time to get some of the aluminum ones, M2C, Just Bash IT, Vitavon and Hot Racing make them. I use the Hot Racing ones myself, I like that they have grub screws to hold in the hinge pins. I have no experience with the M2C, Just Bash It or Vitavon ones so I cannot comment on them. The Hot Racing ones are made out of 6065, the M2C ones are made from 7075, IIRC the Just Bash it ones are also made from 6065 but they are much thicker than the Hot Racing ones and I am pretty sure the Vitavon ones are 7075 as well. GPM and Integy make some as well but their parts are know to be made out of some sort of monkey metal and are used primarily for bling, the only parts of theirs I trust are the Arrma servo mountsand their wheel hubs. The only downside to aluminum ones is you can bend your hinge pins or break your a arms and they do add a little bit of weight.

It's the Flux Capacitor. :ROFLMAO:

Just kidding, like said above it is this part right here https://www.ebay.com/itm/393630202806?hash=item5ba6303bb6:g:CWIAAOSw0cBhaUOW

Now would be a good time to get some of the aluminum ones, M2C, Just Bash IT, Vitavon and Hot Racing make them. I use the Hot Racing ones myself, I like that they have grub screws to hold in the hinge pins. I have no experience with the M2C, Just Bash It or Vitavon ones so I cannot comment on them. The Hot Racing ones are made out of 6065, the M2C ones are made from 7075, IIRC the Just Bash it ones are also made from 6065 but they are much thicker than the Hot Racing ones and I am pretty sure the Vitavon ones are 7075 as well. GPM and Integy make some as well but their parts are know to be made out of some sort of monkey metal and are used primarily for bling, the only parts of theirs I trust are the Arrma servo mountsand their wheel hubs. The only downside to aluminum ones is you can bend your hinge pins or break your a arms and they do add a little bit of weight.
I run the GPM full set on my beefed out Kraton and haven't had any issues yet with them. Now the GPM/Integy towers and braces I wouldn't bother as they are too soft for hard bashing definitely suggest M2C, JBI or CRCU for those.

Last edited:
Ya you can see in the bottom picture the other side of the front rear lower hinge pin block is missing so you'll need a new one. It's the part I posted a picture of earlier.
Where can I buy one at?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back