Big Rock What parts are needed to add a 17 mm hex set up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
Looking to add the 17 mm hex wheel set up, but wondering what parts I need? I included some screenshots to see if these are all the parts needed to convert to 17 mm. Is there anything else I missing? Thank you.

FA78F845-37F0-400B-966B-7E2998005979.png

45DF5644-FEC1-4C3A-A176-B836D3C51740.png

Last edited:
As long as you have the screw for the axles stubs (which should come with the hexes from Jennys), you'll be set. Just keep in mind that you will need two (2) packs of axle stubs if buying from AMain or another hobby store.

Also, the Kraton/Outcast 4s 17mm hexes are the same as the Typhon and might actually be $1-$2 cheaper ... weirdly

As long as you have the screw for the axles stubs (which should come with the hexes from Jennys), you'll be set. Just keep in mind that you will need two (2) packs of axle stubs if buying from AMain or another hobby store.

Also, the Kraton/Outcast 4s 17mm hexes are the same as the Typhon and might actually be $1-$2 cheaper ... weirdly
The v2 outcast/ Krayton??
I checked and they have different part numbers not sure if that means the part is a little different?

Last edited:
I’ve bought the parts mentioned just to find out that the Typhon 3S axles do not fit Big Rock V3 slider driveshafts…the pattern on the axles and shafts is different…

Does that mean that I also need to buy a whole set of Typhon 3S slider driveshafts?

If this is the case then I’m a bit confused as Typhon and Big Rock refer to the same part number for driveshafts…

Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Might be too late but with these adapters you need nothing else but 17mm wheels

IMG_2242.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back