Outcast What parts are needed to add new chassis brace to old outcast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robl45

Reaction score
Hello,
Asked this before awhile ago. I have a V1 outcast. What parts would I need to add the new chassis brace to it?

Simple swap
You shouldn't need any additional parts other than the brace

Simple swap

from what I've seen it is all seperated... so you would need the center brace, the rear wing/brace mount, and the front top brace/mud flap mount... then obviously hardware...

If you could find all the parts in one lot that would be ideal.. but I havnt seen them that way... also keep in mind that the factory brace on the v4 does not support the towers where the leverage is applied.. an aftermarket tower to tower brace is best..

If you have access to a 3d printer I can supply you some files to make your own brace and mounts.. you would need to purchase a xmaxx center driveshaft ($12)

from what I've seen it is all seperated... so you would need the center brace, the rear wing/brace mount, and the front top brace/mud flap mount... then obviously hardware...

If you could find all the parts in one lot that would be ideal.. but I havnt seen them that way... also keep in mind that the factory brace on the v4 does not support the towers where the leverage is applied.. an aftermarket tower to tower brace is best..

If you have access to a 3d printer I can supply you some files to make your own brace and mounts.. you would need to purchase a xmaxx center driveshaft ($12)
That's the tower to tower brace. The OP asked about the chassis brace, just not sure if he means the front or rear; in any case you only need whichever brace is broken that needs to be swapped out. Hardware can be reused from the old brace to the new one.

Simple swap
Might consider downloading the manual for the V3 and checking the parts breakdown to ID the part numbers for the brace you are looking for. Also, bump it with the manual for your version to see if the numbers are the same. If not, you know what you have to order.
Hello,
Asked this before awhile ago. I have a V1 outcast. What parts would I need to add the new chassis brace to it?
Meant to quote this one for the above response...my bad Mr.Duke

I beleive the tower to tower brace is what he is asking about.. that's the way I took it anyway with referring to v1 and then the new brace..

just curious, do you feel you actually need the T2T brace for the outcast? i've seen no need for it personally and while i've broken plenty of parts on my outcast V2, none of them would have been helped by having a T2T brace.

the kraton needs it because it has such a narrow chassis, so it experiences bending. that's one of its only flaws. the outcast is wider though and doesn't bend, at least in my experience and i've never seen anyone else complain about it either.

Hello,
Asked this before awhile ago. I have a V1 outcast. What parts would I need to add the
Hello,

Added this to my V2 outcast.
centre brace bar for outcast 233mm ARA320504
centre brace mount ARA320500
ball cups and balls ARA320501

can't remember if I actually picked up these screws. I used ones I already had.
m4 x 22mm button head ARA721422
m5 x 30mm ARA724530
m3 x 12mm ARA722312
m3 x 20mm ARA723320

just curious, do you feel you actually need the T2T brace for the outcast? i've seen no need for it personally and while i've broken plenty of parts on my outcast V2, none of them would have been helped by having a T2T brace.

the kraton needs it because it has such a narrow chassis, so it experiences bending. that's one of its only flaws. the outcast is wider though and doesn't bend, at least in my experience and i've never seen anyone else complain about it either.

Yes they bend all the time.. big air bends things as well as bad landings and impacts.. I've in the past pounded the chassis in a u shape side to side just from repeated big air chassis slaps with not another broken part ... its soft aluminum and will bend

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back