Senton What parts break first????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Guys - Im getting a new senton and want to get some replacement parts ahead of time...I was just looking at the front steering blocks ( going to order them for sure ) and was curious about any other parts I should get now so I can fix quick and get back out there...

Much appreciated - Tower shipping it out today should be here by Friday. Going to add on dirt gaurds and front and rear bumpers from TBone - for once - not bothering with the servo...also will fill the diffs with grease or Oil - have to check....

Guys - Im getting a new senton and want to get some replacement parts ahead of time...I was just looking at the front steering blocks ( going to order them for sure ) and was curious about any other parts I should get now so I can fix quick and get back out there...

Much appreciated - Tower shipping it out today should be here by Friday. Going to add on dirt gaurds and front and rear bumpers from TBone - for once - not bothering with the servo...also will fill the diffs with grease or Oil - have to check....
With mine the only problems that I have had were the shock oils were a touch low from the factory, the rear bumper fell apart due to short screws being used, I needed to drill out the hole in the rims just a touch to make them easier to get on and off the hubs, and I have broken one of the lower shock mounts for a rear shock. Other than those minor things mine has been awesome.

With mine the only problems that I have had were the shock oils were a touch low from the factory, the rear bumper fell apart due to short screws being used, I needed to drill out the hole in the rims just a touch to make them easier to get on and off the hubs, and I have broken one of the lower shock mounts for a rear shock. Other than those minor things mine has been awesome.
hey - that's really helpful and expected. Same stuff as all of mine. Shock ends and steering blocks. Already ordered. Hey - diffs - Senton use grease or oil ?

hey - that's really helpful and expected. Same stuff as all of mine. Shock ends and steering blocks. Already ordered. Hey - diffs - Senton use grease or oil ?
I haven't had to add anything to mine and haven't had any problems so I am actually not sure. I do know that I checked them when I got the car and it was good. I just can't remember what was in it. Sorry I can't be of any help for that portion of it.
What I did for the rear bumper was took out the (6) 26mm screws holding the rear bumper side gaurds on and put in some 35mm screws with loc-tite and haven't had a problem with it falling apart again.

I just checked the owners manual and it says 10000cst so I am assuming that it has oil in it from the factory.

I haven't had to add anything to mine and haven't had any problems so I am actually not sure. I do know that I checked them when I got the car and it was good. I just can't remember what was in it. Sorry I can't be of any help for that portion of it.
What I did for the rear bumper was took out the (6) 26mm screws holding the rear bumper side gaurds on and put in some 35mm screws with loc-tite and haven't had a problem with it falling apart again.

I just checked the owners manual and it says 10000cst so I am assuming that it has oil in it from the factory.
Yes. I thought it would be oil. I'm really planning on running this on 4s mostly. Those diffs are rather small. For the first time - I'm getting it delivered today. I will run it in the park to have some fun but I'm taking it to the shop for all the add ons ( got front arm guards, rear dirt guards and from & rear bumpers all from TBone racing and to fill the diffs up. Start out on the good foot as they say. Will post some pics tonight.

Yes. I thought it would be oil. I'm really planning on running this on 4s mostly. Those diffs are rather small. For the first time - I'm getting it delivered today. I will run it in the park to have some fun but I'm taking it to the shop for all the add ons ( got front arm guards, rear dirt guards and from & rear bumpers all from TBone racing and to fill the diffs up. Start out on the good foot as they say. Will post some pics tonight.
Sounds great. Let me know which t bone bumpers you got, how they look and how tough they are. I've been thinking of getting some for mine but I keep spending my money on other stuff haha.

Goto tbone site. Click on Senton. I got the front bumper that is flat and the rear bumper with the metal mud flaps. I also got the front and rear dirt guards. Keeping the servo for once. Same servo as the Kraton and Nero but smaller tires.

Tires, shock oil, tires, diff oil, tires.

More batteries.

If you run 6s, more tires.

Maybe a set of tires...

Jerry

More batteries.

Maybe a set of tires...

Jerry
I'm thinking the optional buggy tires from dboots. I'm also thinking the 17hex and proline badlands although they might be too big ....

I'm thinking the optional buggy tires from dboots. I'm also thinking the 17hex and proline badlands although they might be too big ....
I have the buggy badlands on mine and I either could have raised the body or trimmed the body for the fronts to turn. I chose to trim the body. But the body did raise up enough to clear I just didn't want the body at the highest setting.

I have the buggy badlands on mine and I either could have raised the body or trimmed the body for the fronts to turn. I chose to trim the body. But the body did raise up enough to clear I just didn't want the body at the highest setting.
U mind posting a pic?

U mind posting a pic?
The one picture of the two wheels is the badlands next to the stock senton wheel. Let me know if you want any more pictures. My profile picture is what the chassis looks like after using the badlands on a muddy track lol.

The front is trimmed so that when the suspension is fully bottomed out and the wheels are turned they still clear the body.

Attachments

• 1026161638.jpg
    1026161638.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 20160914_172647.jpg
    20160914_172647.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 63
The one picture of the two wheels is the badlands next to the stock senton wheel. Let me know if you want any more pictures. My profile picture is what the chassis looks like after using the badlands on a muddy track lol.

The front is trimmed so that when the suspension is fully bottomed out and the wheels are turned they still clear the body.
Wow. I'm liking the badlands. They look fantastic. Ordering them now bud. Wow. Fantastic.

Wow. I'm liking the badlands. They look fantastic. Ordering them now bud. Wow. Fantastic.
Just be aware that I never had any troubles with traction rolling until I got these. It's not that bad but just wanted you to be aware of it. But I guess with more forward traction comes more sideways traction haha.

I bought my senton v2 about a month ago and I have absolutely no regrets for spending the money ($419.00 @ hobbytown west allis) and like you I was curious what would break first. I am amazed at how much pain this truck can take and keeps begging me for more. So far the only thing I broke was the front bumper. It's all stock now except for the duratrax lockups and I love them. They grip well and I was surprised that it didn't roll over more due to the lockups being taller. I'm still trying to figure out whether I'm gonna stay with xt90 plugs or something easier to find. I'm definitely buying those front and rear bumpers and the mud guards. Other than that I'm ok with leaving well enough alone.

I bought my senton v2 about a month ago and I have absolutely no regrets for spending the money ($419.00 @ hobbytown west allis) and like you I was curious what would break first. I am amazed at how much pain this truck can take and keeps begging me for more. So far the only thing I broke was the front bumper. It's all stock now except for the duratrax lockups and I love them. They grip well and I was surprised that it didn't roll over more due to the lockups being taller. I'm still trying to figure out whether I'm gonna stay with xt90 plugs or something easier to find. I'm definitely buying those front and rear bumpers and the mud guards. Other than that I'm ok with leaving well enough alone.

Man I love this site. I was in the shower this morning thinking about the proline badlands and the fact that I've experience so much ripping with prolines on 6s. Why would the badlands be any different? So I noticed the optional Senton parts list - 6S buggy wheels. I'm loving the fact that 6S is right there in the title. I also have the lockups on my slash and they handle the castle sidewinder combo torque very well although the Traxxas is so unstable at speed it either traction rolls or just takes off like a plane and crashes. Too light. First thing that struck me about the Senton is how heavy it is. The. I put my 6s bricks in it - man is it planted down. When I get the bumpers and guards - I will definitely adjust the shocks to accommodate the load.

Attachments

• IMG_0049.JPG
    IMG_0049.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0056.JPG
    IMG_0056.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_0060.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 47

More batteries.

Maybe a set of tires...

Jerry
So funny - 2nd day with the senton - blew two tires POP.....POP have the duratrax 1/8 buggy lock ups on the way also broke off half the rear bumper - have my TBone stuff coming too so no worry but still two days and this? kinda surprised

I have some Lockups for my Typhon. Even with the throttle turned down around 60% for track running, I still reglue 1-2 tires per track day...

I recently picked up a set of AKA pre-glued tires, but have not run them. Now I get to find out if my glue jobs really suck that bad... :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back