Talion What parts do I need for this talion build?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rampage4430

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I want to convert my kraton over to a talion can I just swap out the shocks and the shock towers as well as body mounts and tires? Or is there more than that? I was thinking that they use the same arms diffs and everything else. Oh I forgot to mention that my kraton is a v5

They are pretty different. Towers, shocks, axles, hexes, hub carries, drive shafts, chassis braces, chassis and side guards. The chassis layout is quite unique to the talion and it is a "regulation" sized 1/8 scale truggy so it is narrower than the kraton.

They are pretty different. Towers, shocks, axles, hexes, hub carries, drive shafts, chassis braces, chassis and side guards. The chassis layout is quite unique to the talion and it is a "regulation" sized 1/8 scale truggy so it is narrower than the kraton.
What he said...^
Also wing mount and wing are different..👍🏼

If i had a Kraton and i wanted something more similar to a Talion, i would convert it into a "standard" truggy. just axles and hub carriers, throw a truggy body and wheels and it'll be a completely different beast than a Kraton.

If i had a Kraton and i wanted something more similar to a Talion, i would convert it into a "standard" truggy. just axles and hub carriers, throw a truggy body and wheels and it'll be a completely different beast than a Kraton.
I've tried to find those parts but sold out everywhere

1621331310506.png

Which might give us some more info in when the new Talion is coming...

I'd keep the Kraton axles in the front at least (CVD ones)...there a little longer than the Talion ones and make the wheels pop out some. I use Kraton axles on my Talion and I love the handling from the wider stance. I even put extenders on those to make the wheels sit out even farther.

I'd keep the Kraton axles in the front at least (CVD ones)...there a little longer than the Talion ones and make the wheels pop out some. I use Kraton axles on my Talion and I love the handling from the wider stance. I even put extenders on those to make the wheels sit out even farther.
Did you also adjust the shocks? With this much wider stance the leverage on the shocks increases.

I want to convert my kraton over to a talion can I just swap out the shocks and the shock towers as well as body mounts and tires? Or is there more than that? I was thinking that they use the same arms diffs and everything else. Oh I forgot to mention that my kraton is a v5
After a lot of research I realized that was a dumb question the two trucks are almost the same sorry guys

Did you also adjust the shocks? With this much wider stance the leverage on the shocks increases.
i don't think that the leverage increases if you widen it after the pivot balls
After a lot of research I realized that was a dumb question the two trucks are almost the same sorry guys
not really, they differ vastly in "scrub", on the Talion the tires contact with the ground at a narrower spot than where the pivot of the steering is, while on the Kraton's tires touches the ground way outside the steering pivot. it completely changes how the car handles.

150px-Scrub_Radius_Illustration_-_English.jpg

Last edited:
i don't think that the leverage increases if you widen it after the pivot balls
I know it does. Leverage is calculated by the length of the total arm, all connection included.
By your "thinking" a 3mm hub extension would give the same leverage as a 3 meter extension.

By your "thinking" a 3mm hub extension would give the same leverage as a 3 meter extension.
Which is correct. again, as long as the extension is after the pivot balls (in/after the hub) - as you do not add any travel. if the suspension travel at the hex is 100mm (for example) with the 3mm extension, it will remain 100mm even with 3 meter extension.

With your example, a 3 meter extension will keep the same ride height.

But if you lengthen the arms themselves, then yes. it adds leverage on the shocks.

Btw, of course that any extension adds leverage on the arms, just not on the suspension/shocks

Only thing that is the same is the wheel base. Pretty much different in every other way and 1 1/2lbs lighter than the Kraton...

I did a thing....
IMG_0203.jpeg

V3 Kraton, Talion hubs and axles. Actually, I was in the same boat regarding axles, especially the fronts, so used the ones from a Team Durango DEX8T that were found on eBay for half the price of Arrma-branded.
Sweeps wheels, AKA tires, JConcepts Finnisher body. 7/10/3k diffs, 50/45 shock weights w/Tekno Yellow springs, Tekno cups and shock ends. I also put a set of RPM arms on and swapped over to button head, double hex droop screws. I'm debating on picking up a Carbon kit from Basherqueen (towers, steering plates, ackerman and top plate).
I'll be using the stock electronics for now, with the exception being the Amazon special 25kg steering servo. gens-ace-r-spam Redline HV 4S battery. I might take it racing this weekend at Thornhill.

The only adjustment I made was taking the preload off the shocks. The extension is from the hubs outward so the shocks stay almost in the same position but the wheels sit out farther. Its great for handling and stability at higher speeds. I don't jump at all (no air) and I use smaller tires (2.8 belted ProLine Trenchers) sometimes when I gear up higher. With the bigger tires (belted Sweeps Crushers or Power Hobby Raptors) I don't notice much difference because the wheels are so wide and tall they sort of soak up the difference from the extenders. It's a dream with the small 2.8s though. Keep in mind...I'm on the street or pavement 90% of the time and very short grass like a baseball field or park the rest of the time. I'm no Rich Duperbash or RCDude81 or TP Extreme (even though I love those dudes driving and jumping skills). I'm in Philly where areas to really bash hard are few and far between. Here its about speed and road skills with some pull-up racing added in for fun. I like to rip/run and do donuts and I wanted to get as wide as possible cause it helps me handle the car better for how I drive. I'm no expert and I'm sort of a newbie just trying things out and having fun. I probably should've got an Infraction or Felony but I just love the Talion for some reason. I think its the most versatile of all the cars in the Arrma lineup and I love customizing it.

Any advice or tips you can provide are greatly appreciated!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back