Talion What pinion do you guys recommend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snookfpv

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Got my talion, what pinion do you guys recomend to use, i know the tekno ones are good but what teeth to use. I want more speed, something between the stock and the speed one. Don't have fans yet for the motor but will be getting them. I bash on roads, dirt and low grass

It is a 13T stock with a 15T speed. You are asking for one in between? Hang on let me get my calculator. :/

Seriously Pinions are cheap. Get a few and try them out. Keep an eye on your temps and see what you like the best.

got a TK R4178 sitting on the side it is a 18T, M5 set screw.

the stock is out, the speed option gear supplied is in with 4S. that is what i have on mine. between stock and speed.

I ended up getting a 16t tekno pinion going to put it in this week end along with changing the center dif fluid

I run a Tekno 18t on 6s with zero issues
67mph with Katars
73mph on Backflips

Motor temps? Do you use a cooler on it as well? I have a 16t tekno for mine for the 1/8 track but haven't installed it yet. I know ill be good on the required 4s for the racing aspect but wasn't sure on the 6s side of things. Just not sure if I should bother with the yeah racing tornado motor fan I have or if it's unnecessary weight/power draw. Still too damn cold and tons of salt and crap on the roads round here to run it outside on the 6s yet :D

Motor temps? Do you use a cooler on it as well? I have a 16t tekno for mine for the 1/8 track but haven't installed it yet. I know ill be good on the required 4s for the racing aspect but wasn't sure on the 6s side of things. Just not sure if I should bother with the yeah racing tornado motor fan I have or if it's unnecessary weight/power draw. Still too damn cold and tons of salt and crap on the roads round here to run it outside on the 6s yet :D

Just do it brother. The Talion is an animal when highly geared. I am running 17T, with a heat sink and fan. Sure, it adds weight, but it's worth it

The fan is already on there, I was just wondering what the temps got up to without it and if it's a "must have" at those gear ratios. Added weight isn't a good thing when you're racing ;)

I'm running 20t pinion all the time. Just put a fan on your motor and call it a day. Some people ru. 22-24 pinion all day and they don't have a problem.

I've ran 15t @ 16t on both 4s and 6s with multiple tire setups. 16t on 4s doesn't have enough wheel speed with katars for air control. Backflips/badlands no problem on either tooth count or cell count. 15t seems to be the sweet spot for me for multiple tire setups and bouncing between 4s and 6s. I definitely prefer the torque vs top speed in most conditions

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back