Infraction What pinion for high speeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peejwk

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
I have a spektrum 160, 1250kv, and 25 tooth pinion in the infraction now and the absalute highest speed I can get going down a little incline is 98mph. On ebay there's a seller with pretty much every tooth up to 60 teeth. I would like to know what the biggest or best pinion i can get if anyone knows for the setup I have. Let me know! Thanks
I have a spektrum 160, 1250kv, and 25 tooth pinion in the infraction now and the absalute highest speed I can get going down a little incline is 98mph. On ebay there's a seller with pretty much every tooth up to 60 teeth. I would like to know what the biggest or best pinion i can get if anyone knows for the setup I have. Pretty much want the highest speed I can get, Let me know! Thanks

Get a spool in there and start approaching 1:1 (Spur : pinion ratio)
98mph...You are close to maxing out with that 46T spur. 27/29 pinion about all that will fit right now??
How fast is fast??? Yu need to get a set of pinions and a few spurs to figure it out. Trial and error. Buy them, this is just part of the hobby. What works for me may not work for you or the next guy. I have complete sets of pinions/spurs. That's how I do it.

I have a spool now but it's sill 46. I figured I would have to get a spur too. But I would like to get to maybe 130. I think I can do that with space that I'm running safely. Know a setup that will get me around that?

So 130mph is no easy feat to say the least it takes quite a bit of practice and a solid setup and good lipos. For starters you need to get either a 34t spool or even 29t spool. Pinion I would start with 30t with the 1250kv and 34t spool. Here's a gearing calculator that will help guage what speed you'll get with what gearing. If you have the v2 infraction the diff pinion is 15t and spur would be 42t👍 https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-car-calculator/

You are doing 98mph with a 25T on 1250kV?? I thought that would barely scratch 70mph. Even on 8S my guess would be mid 70's.
Stock is 2050kV and on 25T (or whatever the speedpinion is) you get ~ 90'ish.
Ya I agree something is off for sure as no way it would be close to 98mph with 1250kv, 25/46 gearing even on 8s is only 76mph for a perfect pass with absolutely no voltage drop which we know is not possible. I'm thinking the GPS is set to kph as 98 kph is 60mph which would be about spot on for the gearing and the Spektrum ESC with voltage sag. Would have to be running the 2050kv on 8s with 25/46 to get close to the quoted 98mph

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back