Kraton What pinion is everyone using???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark_k6s

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi guys i have the k6 v4 its all completely stock, i was wondering if anyone is using a bigger pinion for bashing? I have stock electronics esc and motor, and also what is the biggest pinion i can use for speed runs without damaging it!?

Many thanks

I run a 15t for bashing and it's perfect for air control and great speed. It does heat up a lot quicker though so some good fans and a heatsink are a must. For speed runs you can go to a 20t but only for speed runs!

Jeez a 20 lol that's a big jump shall i order a better heatsink i have the hobbywing heatsink and fan

20210107_203658.jpg

Jeez a 20 lol that's a big jump shall i order a better heatsink i have the hobbywing heatsink and fan

View attachment 134567
You asked the biggest you can go right lol. You'll have to see I'm not familiar with that fan as to how it does keeping it cool. The heatsink is just fine though👍

It's all about tires and bashing area.
You will need motor fans, you want to stay below 170F(75C) or you will burn up your motor quickly. Get a temp gun and determine what you can do.

WIth a 15T speed pinion you will be doing ~ 65mph on the road or thereabout. Your tires will explode quickly at that speed, especially on stock diff fluids.
Not recommended imho but been there and done that myself :ROFLMAO: They will blow up for sure on uneven ground.

I run a 15t for bashing and it's perfect for air control and great speed. It does heat up a lot quicker though so some good fans and a heatsink are a must. For speed runs you can go to a 20t but only for speed runs!
Lol I just put on a 14t donated from this guy above me☝️ I had a 12t not enough put on the 16t was too much. To me 14t is the sweet spot on my notorious! Thanks bro shout to @Edough13

Lol I just put on a 14t donated from this guy above me☝️ I had a 12t not enough put on the 16t was too much. To me 14t is the sweet spot on my notorious! Thanks bro shout to @Edough13
Definitely makes a difference over the 12t and I agree with the 16t motor heats up quick even with good fans bashing.

Definitely makes a difference over the 12t and I agree with the 16t motor heats up quick even with good fans bashing.
Yessir that's why I wanted a little bit smaller. Now all I need is my new esc and ill be good to go ! Can't run my rig how I want without getting shut down now.🤒

Well, on the notorious the stock pinion is a 12t and they give you a 16t for speed runs and say not for use off road (bashing). Im not sure what the Kraton is, i thought it might be the same but I'll have my v5 here tomorrow so i guess I'll see lol But 14t is what I was going to go with for bashing on my Noto as well 👍

Hi guys i have the k6 v4 its all completely stock, i was wondering if anyone is using a bigger pinion for bashing? I have stock electronics esc and motor, and also what is the biggest pinion i can use for speed runs without damaging it!?

Many thanks
The V4 came with a speed gear. Use it. That is what it's for. Add a motor fan or 2. That's how we all fly.
Don't be afraid. It wont explode on you.:LOL:
A 12T Pinion came on the rig. Did you check? The optional included gear in the box is a 15T? Run it. If it is Lost, buy one. And see how it goes. Use your temp gun to monitor ESC and motor temps. Typical with gear changes. Motor runs best below 150F. ESC below 120F.

Last edited:
Hi guys thank you all for your great responses again! Im gonna try the 15t that came with the car and see how the temps go if its too much i shall drop it too the 14t, so if it does get too hot will anything get damaged? I run 5000mah 50c batteries

I'm running stock 12T with 4000 mah 40C at full throttle for hundred of yards over 50 mph. With my small fans I can keep my finger on the motor.

I love it when at the Park dog owners say can their dogs chase it and I say heck YES !

Hi guys thank you all for your great responses again! Im gonna try the 15t that came with the car and see how the temps go if its too much i shall drop it too the 14t, so if it does get too hot will anything get damaged? I run 5000mah 50c batteries
At the end of the day, unless you are going for straight line speed runs, you might not even notice the power difference on grass or dirt. What matters more is the motor and esc temps. You don't REALLY wanna blow anything up for that extra 5mph lol

What you WILL notice is changing the diff fluids to something like 100kf/500kc/50r and turning your punch setting all the way up to 9 hehe

Back