Outcast What pinion to use on the Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paultro84

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
What's best for the Outcast pinion gear
Screenshot_20180515-122532_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20180515-123856_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20180515-122348_eBay.jpg

I got a RR pinion from my LHS and it was extremely noisy. Heated up so much it melted the loctite out in less than a minute. Tried readjusting it multiple times, with no improvement. LHS couldn't give me any reason why so I put back in the ARRMA on. I am concerned about weakness though so I have a Tekno one on the way I'm going to try because a local guy said they were really strong.

I run a 17t tekno kn the outcast and kraton and have never had a issue with it but I also run a rr pinion on my typhon sounds like your gear mesh was off not the pinions fault. Both are great quality pinions. Check you mesh out a piece of paper between the 2 gears press it till its crunched between. The 2 gears of your not sure how to mesh properly just a suggestion

Last edited:
I went with the Tekno 12T. It looked like a better finished product from the pictures I've seen. I have to work in the morning but it should be waiting for me when I get home.

I run a 17t tekno kn the outcast and kraton and have never had a issue with it but I also run a rr pinion on my typhon sounds like your gear mesh was off not the opinions fault. Both are great quality pinions. Check you mesh out a piece of paper between the 2 gears press it till its crunched between. The 2 gears of your not sure how to mesh properly just a suggestion
Do you run the 17T with the stock BLX system? Do you have any issues with heat?

Do you run the 17T with the stock BLX system? Do you have any issues with heat?

I was running the 17t until about a week ago then I started having heat issues so I had to gear down. But I was running it on the stock blx system. I feared down to a 14t on the kraton and typhon. Not sure what I'll b running on the outcast yet it's under construction waitin on a couple more parts then I'll b starting a build thread.

After running 10 or so 6s packs in the Outcast on the stock 12 tooth, I swapped to the optional 16 tooth for a few packs, then backed down one, to the Tekno 15 tooth and feel like it's the perfect balance without having to worry too much about temps for my driving style, which admittedly is on the aggressive side. The 40mm fan on the motor helps as well so this is what I'll probably keep in there until I upgrade the ESC and motor at a later date.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back