Kraton What pinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark 1st

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
Hi everyone hope your all well? What size of pinion are you guys running as for everyday bashing?

I started with the stock 12t when I got the truck to get use to it and work on my throttle control. I recently went to a 15t and it's a beast, even on 4s. I had already put a motor fan and heatsink on and have not noticed any overheating yet. Of course it's still pretty cool outside.

It depends on whether or not you need the top speed for air corrections. Recently had a great discussion with @Lovestricken about his use of tall gears to get more air control, but you have to be careful and not try to do a bunch of long speed runs. You have to moderate yourself to just short ramp run ups and blips of throttle instead of long pulls.

Like you aren’t destroying tires fast enough ??
Is there ever fast enough lol.
Need more speed in the air. Wanna hit these jumps faster.

Was recommended by @Lovestricken to toss in an 18t. Stock electronics. Waiting for a warmer day to start checking temps and try jumping it?
Thanks for the shout out. Lol she is gonna be a whole new beast. Like I said that is a jumping pinion so watch your temps running around the yard.?

My best advice is to listen to people who actually own and run the truck and not the armchair quarterbacks. I ran a 15t in mine on stock electronics with no issues with the way I bash. I don't run flat out constantly and tend to do short runs at a ramp. The 15t was fine. Always try to take advice from people that have have practical experience and not hypothetical experience.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back