Big Rock What problems?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The motor mount is super weak, M2C Racing makes a 7075 T6 aluminum mount with a brace.

I don’t own a Sento but I do own the lates version of the Granite BLX. They are the same except for chassis size. My experience has been the ESC and the servo are the week parts. I replaced the servo with a servo from Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/ZOSKAY-DS321...MU7TQV8/ref=pd_lpo_1?pd_rd_i=B01MU7TQV8&psc=1

I have order a replacement ESC from Jenny’s. A Spectrum Firma 100. I’d include a link but they are sol out right now. https://jennysrc.com/

Otherwise it is a great brasher and durable as heck.

What are the weak parts or designs of the big rock?
Motor mount and servo are the only weak parts I've experienced (the motor mount is soft enough that a dead-blow hammer can get it back to shape fairly easily). I replaced the plastic pivot balls assuming they would wear quickly.

Design-wise, the power module is a bit goofy. Removing it and cleaning out debris every couple of runs will help spur gears last. Some folks slot the chassis to let dirt and junk fall out of the chassis; I used the fuzzy side of a velcro stip and hot glued it to the module casing to help seal it off and that has worked surprisingly well.

The kit has it quirks, but I really enjoy running it.

Cheers!

Motor mount and servo are the only weak parts I've experienced (the motor mount is soft enough that a dead-blow hammer can get it back to shape fairly easily). I replaced the plastic pivot balls assuming they would wear quickly.

Design-wise, the power module is a bit goofy. Removing it and cleaning out debris every couple of runs will help spur gears last. Some folks slot the chassis to let dirt and junk fall out of the chassis; I used the fuzzy side of a velcro stip and hot glued it to the module casing to help seal it off and that has worked surprisingly well.

The kit has it quirks, but I really enjoy running it.

Cheers!
Thank you so much for you input.

I'd say depends how hard your going to bash with it. Stock motor mount definitely and also the plastic slipper for big sends and harder bashing. Also stock shock shafts bend somewhat easy and I've had front hubs and steering rack break a few times so went to aluminum. As you know I bash hard and send my rigs so this may not be the case for your driving style. Still a good idea to have some extra arms, front c hubs and I highly suggest going to the steel spur and cutting the slot in the chassis or trying to completely seal the PM.

I'd say depends how hard your going to bash with it. Stock motor mount definitely and also the plastic slipper for big sends and harder bashing. Also stock shock shafts bend somewhat easy and I've had front hubs and steering rack break a few times so went to aluminum. As you know I bash hard and send my rigs so this may not be the case for your driving style. Still a good idea to have some extra arms, front c hubs and I highly suggest going to the steel spur and cutting the slot in the chassis or trying to completely seal the PM.
Sounds good my bro is not a hard basher. might wait till the spring to see if the new 4s line comes out if not, maybe a Maxx or a Hoss.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back