Kraton What radio/receiver would you choose for Kraton v4?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tvcraig75

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
With all of the disappointment in the radio supplied with the new Kraton v4, please tell me what economical system would you replace it with? Not looking to break the bank.

With all of the disappointment in the radio supplied with the new Kraton v4, please tell me what economical system would you replace it with? Not looking to break the bank.
I handled one in the store Saturday and the only fault I could find without actually running it was the wheel feels wrong. If I actually owned one, I'd find some foam and wrap it.
It has some cool features on it. I like that you can dial the power to lower settings.
I've had people wanting to run mine that have no experience and I'm always on 6s when that happens and I just won't turn them loose on it. If I could drop it back to 50% I would let them.

I've been out of the hobby for quite a spell and Spektrum was one of my go to radios along with Futaba. I still have an old Spektrum DX2.0 and I'm seriously considering swapping my stock radio stuff to it and see if I like it better.

It really depends on how much you want to spend, the spectrum dx5r/pro is nice for 300, they feel great and the model options such as name and all the trim settings is nice, but if you only want to spend 100-200 the spectrum dx5 rugged or sanwa/Airtronics m45xs or somthing is nice, but I realy would run the spectrum with all of the receivers and model options with ease of use, but for under 100 if u plan to use it Wih 1 truck just get a traxxas tqi without tsm, the tsm is really bad and glitchy if you change the truck it is on.

If they're still available, the stock Tactic's are sometimes available on Jennys RC, receiver included. Less than $30 + shipping. Most who have the V3's like them. Simple and strong.

These cars ran the ttx300 for 3 years. There's no reason to have to deal with the super cheapo Spectrum system garbage. I already bought 5 Tactics for the future & I'm definitely going to use 2 of them in the coming month.

When Jenny's runs out I will have several of these state of the art RTR radios that will be available for sale!

I bought a dumboRC 4ch for under 30 bucks new! Works great. Great range and it’s quick I feel more connected over the stock system. There’s a picture of it on my build thread. There’s also a 6ch gyro version for a few dollars more. If you’re interested in stability control. Only con is the adjustment knob seems backwards for steering trim but it’s not a big deal. I try to adjust trim when driving towards me makes it easier on my brain.

What Bill said, Ive bought two of them now and couldn’t be any happier. For what my level of experience is these seem to fit the bill perfect. There is a noticeable difference from stock. My sons 3s still has the factory radio. Substantial difference between them. For $30 you literally can’t go wrong. I’ve driven mine over 200 yards away and only stopped because I got uncomfortable. Never lost signal and response time is as fast as I can turn it- to me at least.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back