What (real) cars do you drive?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought about posting but now I'd feel embarrassed trying to follow up all the nice rides in this thread. Wow.

No reason to be ashamed. If you work hard and have nice toys, as many do..... then you earned it.
I think there is something special about having a beater with high mileage. I drive 2 hours a day in a 2006 Honda pilot with almost 250k on it.

I hope to have a nice 1:1 in late 2022 from working a 2nd job.

3256526D-E98C-4658-9758-1D9D036238A2.jpeg

Spring and fall
17E2BBFC-476A-41A6-B54E-CC030FF5B24D.jpeg

Winter beater truck.. painted by krylon 😎

Last edited:
No reason to be ashamed. If you work hard and have nice toys, as many do..... then you earned it.
I think there is something special about having a beater with high mileage. I drive 2 hours a day in a 2006 Honda pilot with almost 250k on it.

I hope to have a nice 1:1 in late 2022 from working a 2nd job.

Yep...Never a reason to be ashamed, no matter what you drive. I have money at this point in my life, but after college we had a rough go of things...I used to skip meals and carpool with coworkers so my (now) wife could eat and put gas in her car. Nearly every possession I have now is way nicer than the things I had then, but some of the belongings I am most proud of are from those times, not because they were the nicest, but because they were massive achievements at that juncture of life.

The only time you should worry about comparing your own things with someone else's is if you're making sure they have enough to survive. And take comfort in the fact that the majority of people with nicer stuff just have more debt.

I have never owned a fast or nice car. I love watching others burn their money. However recently the jokes on me as the car market is absurd.

We have:
2008 GMC Savana 2500 work van 210k
2008 Jeep Commander Sport 195k
2020 Honda Accord Touring 2.0 (leased)

Some really nice rides in here.

I drive a Subaru Outback 2013. Its pretty nice and I love it, but there is nothing much to it compared to what some of you are driving! My Outback is 100% utilitarian. AWD for the winter and nice cargo space for the bike and camping stuff.

I have a few very nice Mountain Bikes and BMX bikes however. One day, I'll make a build thread about some of these bikes. :)

Yep...Never a reason to be ashamed, no matter what you drive. I have money at this point in my life, but after college we had a rough go of things...I used to skip meals and carpool with coworkers so my (now) wife could eat and put gas in her car. Nearly every possession I have now is way nicer than the things I had then, but some of the belongings I am most proud of are from those times, not because they were the nicest, but because they were massive achievements at that juncture of life.

The only time you should worry about comparing your own things with someone else's is if you're making sure they have enough to survive. And take comfort in the fact that the majority of people with nicer stuff just have more debt.
Well said! I still act like I don't have money when it comes to my ride, because it makes it easier to take trips, pay bills, have fun, and make sure the wife has a decent ride. Them Dakota trucks be cheap bruh!

You guys are a buncha wanna be's. Puleeeease, this is my chick magnet!
Ford Transit Connect all the way baby! :ROFLMAO: I put a twin turbo badge on the back and it hilarious when people ask if it's legit. I actually bought this so I had something to haul my rc planes in. (y)
PSX_20210911_105746.jpg

My wife just got a new Subaru Outback wilderness edition, It's a heck of a lot nicer than my van, but I love her...what can I say.
PSX_20211023_143850.jpg

Current rides: 2006 Mini Cooper S / 2012 Tundra Crewmax / 2011 Toyota Sienna

Past rides: 2004 Monte Carlo SS, 2002 Monte Carlo SS, 1999 Tacoma, 1990 Beretta GT, 1973 VW Superbeetle

Funnest: Mini and Vw.

Longest lasting: Toyota Tacoma

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back