Mojave What replacement parts that breaks the most I should stock up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you recommend this to use with Mojave?

Yes the Flysky GT5 is recommended! It’s more for crawlers due to the six channels, crabsteering or front and back steering in same direction. But works as a charm in the Mojave. (It has fast response 5ms I thought)

Receiver of the flysky GT5 is 30x25x16mm
Outerdiameter of the radio box in the Mojave.
Length: 1.8 (46mm)
Width: 1.6 (42.1mm)
Height: 1.4 (36.

I was in the assumption that it wouldn’t fit. But the sizes say differently.

Last edited:
Yes the Flysky GT5 is recommended! It’s more for crawlers due to the six channels, crabsteering or front and back steering in same direction. But works as a charm in the Mojave. (It has fast response 5ms I thought)

I guess GT5 would be ok. I'm surprised it's very cheap.

Receiver look a little bigger than original Spektrum, so it may fit in the box.
Just found out that flysky GT5 is turnigy as well, is that coz two brands buys them from the same maker?

Receiver look a little bigger than original Spektrum, so it may fit in the box.
Just found out that flysky GT5 is turnigy as well, is that coz two brands buys them from the same maker?
Flysky is the official maker its a Chinese brand of radio electronics , turnigy is just relabeling them. Just like Carson In Europe which is essentially a rebranded Flysky RC.

Flysky FS-iT4S Is the same as a Carson FS Reflex Wheel Ultimate Touch 2.0 2.4G

I like this one: Flysky FS-NB4+FS-TR4 2.4G 4CH it looks very sturdy and build quality looks more than oké.

Last edited:
Oh ok I see
Flysky is the official maker its a Chinese brand of radio electronics , turnigy is just relabeling them. Just like Carson In Europe which is essentially a rebranded Flysky RC.

Flysky FS-iT4S Is the same as a Carson FS Reflex Wheel Ultimate Touch 2.0 2.4G

I like this one: Flysky FS-NB4+FS-TR4 2.4G 4CH it looks very sturdy and build quality looks more than oké.

Noble is the very good looking radio

And as for the other stuff:
Set of tyres, Set of spare Arms and hingepins,

tape the body on the inside with some Heavy duty ducktape. (Especially the rear corners). Will help prevent cracking the rear edges on the rear topbumper when rolling/flipping.

The long screws on the shocktower from the springs have a tendency to snap. (Crash, break arm, etc). Happend to me after I crashed mine on a rock. Arm broke , hinge pin bend, screw from shocktower snapped when unscrewed, total time spent waiting on “simple” parts 5 weeks @ ~€25 spare parts value.

Rest of the stuff is for off field repair / maintenance releated. (Takes more time for the repair then a quick change out and are way more expensive)

Don’t forget the bearings for the car. I wouldn’t buy the Arrma ones, they’re expensive vs quality. Just lookup the sizes in the manual and buy them online.

Errors/failures in the Gears, etc wil be spotted by breakage or maintenance. ? they’re to expensive to buy them for spares. Unless you buy parts from kit breakers. (Assembled Whole parts at lower prices).

And the usual maintenance oils, fluids, etc come in handy ?.

And as for the other stuff:
Set of tyres, Set of spare Arms and hingepins,

tape the body on the inside with some Heavy duty ducktape. (Especially the rear corners). Will help prevent cracking the rear edges on the rear topbumper when rolling/flipping.

The long screws on the shocktower from the springs have a tendency to snap. (Crash, break arm, etc). Happend to me after I crashed mine on a rock. Arm broke , hinge pin bend, screw from shocktower snapped when unscrewed, total time spent waiting on “simple” parts 5 weeks @ ~€25 spare parts value.

Rest of the stuff is for off field repair / maintenance releated. (Takes more time for the repair then a quick change out and are way more expensive)

Don’t forget the bearings for the car. I wouldn’t buy the Arrma ones, they’re expensive vs quality. Just lookup the sizes in the manual and buy them online.

Errors/failures in the Gears, etc wil be spotted by breakage or maintenance. ? they’re to expensive to buy them for spares. Unless you buy parts from kit breakers. (Assembled Whole parts at lower prices).

And the usual maintenance oils, fluids, etc come in handy ?.
Thanks Dyna for information!

Would you recommend this to use with Mojave?
The Radiolink supposedly has the best reception over the Flysky. But honestly I don't think you can go wrong with either one. These are both feature rich Radio sets. I think Flysky has better support. I not 100% sure. I don't have either one. I use My spektrum DX5C. Their support for the upper tier radios are great
If you get your hands on the manuals for both and study them, it could help you choose. Watch videos of both. Thats what I would do if i'm unsure. :cool:

Regarding extra channels, most upgrade Radio sets offer multi model abilities, and extra channels. With the recent surge in Crawler popularity Radio MFR's include crab steering, winches etc. But extra channels can be used for Dual ESC/motor setups, lighting and other uses not exclusive to Crawlers. Remember that when it comes to multi model radios, all those features don't necessarily need to be for one model. As your RC collection grows, the radio is future proof. You may buy a crawler, rock racer, or even Race Truggy down the road. And your radio will accommodate whatever RC you are adding to it and controlling.

The first part I broke was Front Lower arm, curb did that :D, did order that.
As far as I know the next most part that breaks very often is Body Mount.
Any other suggestions for part I should order?

Thanks!
Agreed.... I have broke the front body mount once and the front lower control arm s twice. Be sure to order the control arm shafts.

Oh, I see, that's why it doesn't want to stop when on 50%, it's still a lot to learn for me. I will get 4s next time. And I bet your son is a million times better than me :D
Exactly why I bought 4s batteries for my 6s Typhon, still quicker than my nitros were. ? now when I buy new trucks I throw my 4s pack in to get used to the new ride and then put the 6s packs in when ready

I don't understand those HUGE problems with the stx2. I drive my stock mojave just fine with it. Sure there are better ones but its an RTR. But telling the whole time its a crappy radio is just wrong.

To the question. I broke so fare just one front arm and many many many body posts. The ones who have 4 pins. This is in my eyes the weakest part. After many runs I broke front and rear bumpers but only after heavy jumping. Agree on making the body stronger with tape or even with fibertape.

I don't understand those HUGE problems with the stx2. I drive my stock mojave just fine with it. Sure there are better ones but its an RTR. But telling the whole time its a crappy radio is just wrong.

To the question. I broke so fare just one front arm and many many many body posts. The ones who have 4 pins. This is in my eyes the weakest part. After many runs I broke front and rear bumpers but only after heavy jumping. Agree on making the body stronger with tape or even with fibertape.

It's my 10th run so far since car was new and I start to understand why everyone is saying that stx2 is not good. As I get better of understanding my car and getting better at higher speeds, I started to notice that controller has some issues, mostly with response time. Secondly it has annoying throttle limitations that limits breaking quite a lot. It means I can't reduce power when driving on 6s. Stx2 could be great with less powerful cars, more like 3s or 4s.
About parts. I have only broken front lower arm. Body mount seems to be ok, I guess I don't do jumps big enough. Still trying to find best place for bash around my area.

Please don't make the mistake of thinking the STX3 is any better. I wanted to make that clear that up as others have had HH send them this thinking there is an improvement. Not. Its the same as the STX2, but with an extra 3rd channel and a Rubber grip wheel. That's all.
If looking for a decent budget radio, there are many options out there that are very good. Absolutely any other radio is going to be leaps and bounds better Search AF. There is much on this topic. Spektrum makes decent radio sets but the good ones start at $100.00+. I like my Spektrum DX5C. Controls up to 20 models with memory. The Tactic TTX300 originally was the Included radio for most Arrma rigs until HH/Arrma switched to the STX2 to keep the price point low. Search and shop prices for this basic Tactic radio (a H.H. brand), a dependable basic radio. But other decent budget brands to look at include RadioLink and Flysky. DX3 has decent reviews. But I would only look at the DX5C and above models. The DX3 still has that TH lim. nonsense. The feel of its ergonomics is poor in my opinion just like the STX's are. Its not worth the coin. In the end its your call. :cool:

Please don't make the mistake of thinking the STX3 is any better. I wanted to make that clear that up as others have had HH send them this thinking there is an improvement. Not. Its the same as the STX2, but with an extra 3rd channel and a Rubber grip wheel. That's all.
If looking for a decent budget radio, there are many options out there that are very good. Absolutely any other radio is going to be leaps and bounds better Search AF. There is much on this topic. Spektrum makes decent radio sets but the good ones start at $100.00+. I like my Spektrum DX5C. Controls up to 20 models with memory. The Tactic TTX300 originally was the Included radio for most Arrma rigs until HH/Arrma switched to the STX2 to keep the price point low. Search and shop prices for this basic Tactic radio (a H.H. brand), a dependable basic radio. But other decent budget brands to look at include RadioLink and Flysky. DX3 has decent reviews. But I would only look at the DX5C and above models. The DX3 still has that TH lim. nonsense. The feel of its ergonomics is poor in my opinion just like the STX's are. Its not worth the coin. In the end its your call. :cool:
Hey!
So, my new Flysky GT5 has arrived! Have just fitted and all calibrated. Also have borrowed pair of 2s lipos for test. Result?
Amazing! Can't be more happier with GT5 and 4s power is perfect for racing around track. Traction control is amazing! So much more fun with Mojave now. Will never use Stx2 anymore, stx2 is ok with less powerful cars like 2s or 3s. Now just to buy 4s lipo and I will be set.
The Mojave is considered a very stout RC rig as Arrmas go. don't forget that you can run 4S in Mojave also. I do that from time to time in all my 6S rigs. The fun factor will surprise you. You will find yourself in better control, you will feel more confident and even forget that its only running 4S. Trust me.:cool:
Yep, tried 4s and together with flysky GT5, it's sooo much better. Thanks!

Last edited:
So I have been running this rig for a few months now. I have had somethings break and get worn down. these are the parts I would suggest replacing with aluminum parts.

Fast eddie bearings
Rear /Front axle carriers
at least, if not all the differential covers
center differential mount
front suspension mount
dirt shield wheel nut
center diff cover
engine fan (helps with engine heating up and shutting down early because of heat)

keep extra parts (broke these on jumps and bad landings)
body mount
skid plate mount set

I am new to the RC world, but these are the parts that broke on me while running the mojave 6s

So I have been running this rig for a few months now. I have had somethings break and get worn down. these are the parts I would suggest replacing with aluminum parts.

Fast eddie bearings
Rear /Front axle carriers
at least, if not all the differential covers
center differential mount
front suspension mount
dirt shield wheel nut
center diff cover
engine fan (helps with engine heating up and shutting down early because of heat)

keep extra parts (broke these on jumps and bad landings)
body mount
skid plate mount set

I am new to the RC world, but these are the parts that broke on me while running the mojave 6s
Mhhh what are you doing that so much brakes. I mean I do 10-20m jumps in the air and only thing what broke are front arms and those damn body mounts.
Sure bumper as well but only after a few runs. Consider to be carefull what and how much you change with alu. Might be bit stronger but it will bent and is much more expensive to replace. Not to speak of that other parts will brake. So far had no issues with diff housing and if they are worn out, I am replacing them too with alu housing.

Bearings are to replaced if they worn out. I personaly would never take fast eddi but that is everyones own decision.

Fast Eddy’s bearings are a good value and have worked just fine for me. They aren’t top of the line race bearings, but greatly better than most stock bearings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back