Fireteam What run times are you getting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnie533

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
Wondering what kind of run times are you guys getting with your Fireteam. I just picked up a couple of Fireteam's on sale and have only run them in the cold. Running a pair of 3S 7200mah 80C batteries in each - batteries are warm until I put them in the rig. Running in temps just below freezing on hard packed snow on a frozen lake - so it is full throttle most of the time. I am getting just 3 minutes of run time before LVC.

By comparison, my Xmaxx will get about 12-15 mins of run time with 4S 7000mah 80C in similar conditions (compared to 20 min in summer). My SCX6 shows almost no drop in run time in cold.

I get that cold will cut into run times - but this seems like quite a drop. Hoping that summer run times are much longer.

Yikes, 3 minutes on 7200mah? I was getting about 7-9 minutes on my Typhon with the stock esc and 4074 motor and 5500mah batteries . Spektrum esc has a higher LVC and isn't adjustable. Check your voltage after it hits LVC, probably cutting off around 3.6v. Still seems like even with a bigger/heavier rig, you should be getting a good bit more run time with 7200mah.

Voltage is 3.7 after LVC - but suspect is was a bit lower when it hit LVC as I measured it 15 minutes later once I got back to my car.
Yes this ESC has a high LVC.
I am running a DX5pro radio so can see the voltage dropping - ESC hits LVC before my low volt alarms go off.

My Felony gets much longer run times in the summer on 5000mah - probably 20 minutes.

I suspect this rig is really impacted by cold. I pulled the handbrakes out just now, they may have been plugged up with snow / ice causing a load.
Won't be able to test for a while - it is getting cold now .... heading to -30C ..... too cold for RC and too cold for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back