What servo to use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shon

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So this is my first post I have a v3 kraton and I think my servo is bad it turns one way and not the other I'm looking at getting savox 0231mg any ideas

Hi
I can see that there have been many who have switched to Savox 1210 on their Kraton / Outcast.
I have smashed all the teeth in my standard servo so now I have also bought a Savox SW-1210sg it is 20kg (standard is 15kg.) And 100% waterproof (important that it is waterproof in a wet country like Denmark)
Price in Denmark 699 DK DKK (approx 117 US)
I'm looking forward to trying it out

I went the inexpensive route with this servo from Amazon, so far so good. It’s rated for 20kg. It’s under $20!

ANNIMOS 20KG Digital Servo High Torque Full Metal Gear Waterproof for RC Model DIY, DS3218MG,Control Angle 270° https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076CNKQX4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_5qNUAbHPEQ7HX

What size tires are you running are they stock just curious because I'm looking for a cheap fast servo to put in my drift rig. Never drifted a rc on pavement trying something new my son is into it so I'm gonna try it out. He was into the race drones to and still is I tried it but the fpv makes me dizzy lol. O and forgot to mention I suck at flying a drone lol.

62E221BA-4FD9-4864-BC58-8C1473A9B215.jpeg
What size tires are you running are they stock just curious because I'm looking for a cheap fast servo to put in my drift rig. Never drifted a rc on pavement trying something new my son is into it so I'm gonna try it out. He was into the race drones to and still is I tried it but the fpv makes me dizzy lol. O and forgot to mention I suck at flying a drone lol.

I have the stock tires and also these Pro-Line ones which so far are really good.

That' good to kno I have the trencher 3.8s and the masher 3.8s so if it can swing them wide tires then u got a he'l of a deal and I'm gonna have to check out that servo

That' good to kno I have the trencher 3.8s and the masher 3.8s so if it can swing them wide tires then u got a he'l of a deal and I'm gonna have to check out that servo

So far so good, I wasn’t expecting much when I purchased this servo but it’s definitely surpassed the $18 price tag, it’s a nice alternative to the higher priced ones that I’ve seen on the forum.

Deffinetly I've got almost 300.00 in servos between my arrmas and my son's rustler and they way my son breaks things always good to have something like that extra to carry in my pit box in case I'm out and something happens to my savox. It wouldn't end my day thanks again I'm not much of a risk taker when it comes to ordering parts sok I usually won' buy something that seems to good to b true until I talk 2 some1 who has experience first hand with it.

Deffinetly I've got almost 300.00 in servos between my arrmas and my son's rustler and they way my son breaks things always good to have something like that extra to carry in my pit box in case I'm out and something happens to my savox. It wouldn't end my day thanks again I'm not much of a risk taker when it comes to ordering parts sok I usually won' buy something that seems to good to b true until I talk 2 some1 who has experience first hand with it.

No problem, I figured it couldn’t hurt to try the dang thing. I know what you mean about how kids break things.

I purchased the Granite 4x4 for my son this past Christmas and within 3 runs he stripped the stock servo, front shocks and rear hubs.

All easy fixes which is why I like the Granite a lot. He’s tested out my Outcast but isn’t ready for that much power just yet.

I bought my son a rustler xl5 this Christmas as his first hobby grade rc. Second time he took it out when I was at work and burnt up th titan12t brushed motor that it came with. So I did a full vxl brushless conversion. Then he was breaking castor blocks like they were going out of style. He is alot better now but at first it was like every ime he took it out he was bringing back pieces of it lol. Then I started making him fix it himself and then he stopped breaking as much and focusing on learning to drive. Still like pulling teeth getting him 2 clean it but that' cleaning anything with kids I guess. I let him drive my kraton on 4s and he did good but I told him until he starts keeping up on the maintenance I'm not buying him a new car.

I bought my son a rustler xl5 this Christmas as his first hobby grade rc. Second time he took it out when I was at work and burnt up th titan12t brushed motor that it came with. So I did a full vxl brushless conversion. Then he was breaking castor blocks like they were going out of style. He is alot better now but at first it was like every ime he took it out he was bringing back pieces of it lol. Then I started making him fix it himself and then he stopped breaking as much and focusing on learning to drive. Still like pulling teeth getting him 2 clean it but that' cleaning anything with kids I guess. I let him drive my kraton on 4s and he did good but I told him until he starts keeping up on the maintenance I'm not buying him a new car.

Nice! Yea my son is starting to learn to fix his rig too, he doesn’t clean it either. I’m sure he’ll like his truck even more when we upgrade it to brushless later on this spring.

I’ll post pics on the Granite thread.

Ya when we went to brushless and a Lipo it was a big step up for him but now he has a 6400mah 3s geared way up he is running a 32/76 gearing and it' really pretty fast he beats me in the kraton all the time until we gear him down and go to the track lol but I'm building a rustler right now that will b super crazy when it' done alot of fab but I think it will work. Putting my blx185 and my ads15 servo in it as well as soon as I get them back from arrma
20180328_095210.jpg
20180328_095217.jpg

6s rustler any1 lol should b super nutty

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back