Kraton What shim goes behind input gear and how many?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruizjunior83

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
hey fellas,
I’m having trouble with my rear diff. I cannot find the shim that goes behind the input gear. Everytime I floor it I get a loud clack noise. I read the shims that go next to the bearing on the outside would work. But it doesn’t. It’s to big. I need to bring my gears closer together. I’m just missing this one shim that would go behind the small input gear. The 10 tooth one. Please help.

If you're hearing noises from inside the diff you're gonna need to address that before adding shims. Tear it down and look for broken missing or worn parts, or just take the time and do a complete overhaul adding the shims as necessary during reassembly.
Thoroughly clean and inspect everything including the diff case, paying special attention to the pinion and 43t gear looking closely for severely worn or chipped teeth,

that's where I think you'll find your problem.

I use the Mugen 0206 kit as it has enough to do all 3 diffs with a few of the smaller satellite shims left over

IMG_6709.PNG

Last edited:
I understand that. And I have addressed all that. I have that kit and none fit behind the input. The issue is that the big gear and small gear need to mesh better. How can I? I already have two shims on the outside next to the bearing.

Interesting.
This seems to be outside of my personal experience dealing with Arrma products.
I know each diff case, bearing and gear set tolerances, along the bearing seat depth within the diff case itself, all play a role in the final mesh, but I couldn't fit the thinnest of shims behind the pinion on any of the ones I've gone through thus far, spares included.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back