What shock oil do arrma vehicles use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McClain210

Reaction score
What shock oil does Arrma use in their vehicles since I don't see anywhere to buy shock oil from them. Do they use Losi since it is under “horizon hobby”??

1000 cSt, any brand works. Silicone oil comes out of 55 gallon drums from the same suppliers, the brand names just put it in small bottles with a label.

The manual says 700 cSt on the 1/5. The above referenced 1000 cSt was meant for 6s.

That's correct, but it's all about the total area of the holes. It's not a sophisticated valving system. With stock parts, you only have control over the fluid weight and the pistons. In my opinion, too much monkeying with fluid weight will hurt damping rate endpoints.

All i can find is 710 cst losi shock oil which is 50 weight. Im sure i wont notice any difference with 10cst change right?

All i can find is 710 cst losi shock oil which is 50 weight. Im sure i wont notice any difference with 10cst change right?

Right....small difference so you are safe to try it. It comes down to how you run your rig...not doing a lot of jumping it will just respond faster over the ground and terrain of the road on lighter oils. If you are doing hard jumping, you could see the difference....but there are different levels of jumping because if you are sending it oil weight, springs come into play.... You just having fun bashing...go for it.

See attached. It shows most of Arrma models. Acquired from Arrma support center. Hope it helps all!!

Arrma models shock oil chart.png

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back