Infraction What shock oil for leaky shocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIG TUNA

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Infraction 4x4
I've been having a blast with my infraction on 3s but noticed my shocks are leaking. The car probably has 15 packs run through it. It's been great. Right off the bat I shimmed the diffs as they were binding very badly. I installed a vetta 50 spur with a 22t pinion on a tekin 4300 hd motor out of my sc truck. Runs nice and cool with a hobbywing sct speed control. 60mph uphill where I run it. The slipper clutch let go yesterday, so might eliminate it but on the fence about it. Thinking maybe stiffer springs too as going down hill on a bit of a curve the rear of the car seems to be skimming the pavement as its leaning over but not sure?

IMG_8168.jpg

The OEM 3S shocks are known to leak..
You can contact Horizon Hobbies and have their Customer Care send you replacement shocks ,if your rig is relatively new (You'll need to provide a copy of your original receipt.)

I have custom designed specific Vendetta/Infraction Pre-load tensioners that can stiffen up the shocks even more.
(Front)
IMG_20230120_170309708.jpg

IMG_20230120_170302228.jpg

(Rear)
IMG_20230120_170251608_HDR.jpg

Pm me, if you want to give them a go.

Do you know what oil it comes with from the factory? I could not find it listed.
Sorry no clue. Do you have the manual that came with it . If so it should call out which oil it came with. You can probably download the manual if needed. Unfortunately I don't have any 3s Arrmas so I don't have any of the manuals for them.

TA Green slime on New o-rings and new bottom cartridge will refresh them. But all the 4x4 shocks are known to be leakers, some right out the box for some. With a receipt get HH to send you new shocks or the parts. Just poor QC, Normal.
The 4x4 shocks were alot worse years back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back