Typhon What shocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Well….4, maybe 5 battery packs in and the typhon 3s bent a shock rod. By no means do I baby this thing. I actually broke the back wing today too (might be because it’s 19 F here).

Any recommendations on some upgraded shocks? Or should I just keep beating the crap out of the stock ones? The shock rod seems pretty dainty compared to proline, and even eBay shocks.

Thanks!

Jordan

If you plan on running in this cold, chances are other things and even new "upgraded" things are going to break. Mother nature's cold has no mercy on RC cars. Bend it back and continue to break stuff! (y)
I like the way you think! I don’t necessarily like running cold….but I’m in PA and it’s cold about 6 months out of the year so I’m stuck with it haha

I like the way you think! I don’t necessarily like running cold….but I’m in PA and it’s cold about 6 months out of the year so I’m stuck with it haha
Same here in chiraq👍🏻 I’ve learned a thing or 2 about the cold and in comparison to some of the northern RC’ers, it’s like a heat wave in difference🤓

I did in fact look through there. Sorry, I’m dumb and new to the forum so wanted some additional opinions in case other options were available now.
Everything worth buying is in that thread along with discussion about said shocks. Stay away from the Amazon and eBay cheapos is the best advice I can give you. General consensus is the Mojave fronts on the front, Kraton 6s front shocks on the rear with Associated shock springs the springs are posted in that thread someplace.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back