Fireteam What should I build next?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obessedwithrc

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Talion EXB
  5. Typhon 6s
  6. Typhon TLR
  7. Vorteks
  8. Infraction 4x4
I'm looking to start my next build but I need some ideas...Previously I built a tricked-out Typhon. Here's what I have in my Arrma fleet:
  • Typhon TLR: not entirely happy with the build... it's very heavy
  • Fireteam: got the $399 deal
  • Talion EXB — stock
  • Mojave EXB — modified w/ MMX8S/ 1717 combo & 845oz ProModeler servo (a servo that puts the Savox SB2290 to shame)
I've got plenty of parts to work with—M2C, Basherqueen, Vitavon, Scorched UK, etc., the works! I've got plenty of power combos on hand—MMX, MMX8S, 1515, 1520, 1717, etc.

My bash spot is mostly loamy sand with some loose-packed dirt. It's not a huge area, but it is large enough to run the Mojave with some air to breathe.

What should I build next? M2C'ified Fireteam? Talion EXB XL? Re-build my Typhon TRL? I've got paralysis from analysis. Help me decide!

I almost forgot... I do have the Infraction. I put a Castle MMX8S and 1717 in it & run it on 8s. Haven't done anything else but I have all of the parts to build it out. The only challenge is finding space to run it! Even with the wide street that I have out front of my house, I can't seem to keep it off the curb. I need to go industrial complex hunting (either that or learn how to drive).

I like the talion xl 😎 👍

I almost forgot... I do have the Infraction. I put a Castle MMX8S and 1717 in it & run it on 8s. Haven't done anything else but I have all of the parts to build it out. The only challenge is finding space to run it! Even with the wide street that I have out front of my house, I can't seem to keep it off the curb. I need to go industrial complex hunting (either that or learn how to drive).

You could go two ways with on-road....
1. High downforce build and set up cones in a parking lot. All about grip driving or racing. (more fun with a friend to compete against)
2. Speed build (avoid if possible if you don't have the most amazing 1/3 mile stretch of road.) (fun and technically challenging, good if there is no friend to run with)

For bashers I like what Thomas did making a lighter build on the 6s rigs using a racing type of 4s setup. Use a 40*72 sized motor around 2600kv for use on 4s. Less weight generally means less breakages. Thomas reported he loves the car/setup and prefers it over the previous 6s builds.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/tpparts-rcxtremes-hybrid-pics-vids-etc.41629/page-3#post-801678

You could go two ways with on-road....
1. High downforce build and set up cones in a parking lot. All about grip driving or racing. (more fun with a friend to compete against)
2. Speed build (avoid if possible if you don't have the most amazing 1/3 mile stretch of road.) (fun and technically challenging, good if there is no friend to run with)

For bashers I like what Thomas did making a lighter build on the 6s rigs using a racing type of 4s setup. Use a 40*72 sized motor around 2600kv for use on 4s. Less weight generally means less breakages. Thomas reported he loves the car/setup and prefers it over the previous 6s builds.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/tpparts-rcxtremes-hybrid-pics-vids-etc.41629/page-3#post-801678
That looks like an awesome build. I agree—the 6s builds with all of the M2C parts get quite heavy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back