What should I buy, and where?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bean

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I'm planning on buying a Notorious, and from what I've heared, you need to replace the radio, and probably the servo too. I live in the Netherlands, but will probably move to the USA in feb, and I have some questions about the availability of some things. (They are widely available on those cheap Chinese sites, but have good reviews from youtubers and forum members. I don't want to buy stuff from those Chinese sites.)

What radio should I get? (< $100, preferably < $80)
I've heared a lot of good things about the FlySky FS-GT5, but I don't know where you can buy it in th USA (I don't want to buy stuff from Banggood and those kind of sites). In Europe, you can't seem to buy it, exept form those Chinese sites.
If you can't get it form another site, what other transmitter should I get? The TTX300?

What servo should I get? (< $100, preferably < $60)
A lot of poeple seem to like the Savöx SW-1210SG, but I think it's a bit expensive for me. I've heared JX-servo's are good quality, and very cheap for what they offer (30+ kg servo for <€50), and I can get them in the Netherlands. But can I get them in the USA too?
Also, if not, I could always spend some more for the 1210. But it's taller than a normal servo. Will it fit in the EXB servo mount?
I could also get the 1212SG, wich is even taller, but waaayyy more powerful for +$5. Would that fit in an EXB servo mount?

What charger should I get? (< $120, preferably < $100)
I found the SkyRC D100 V2, wich has some great specs for the price. It also has some good reviews, and I have asked about it in another forum. Should I buy it now? In the Netherlands it 'only' costs €105 ($120), and it is widly available.
It's a dual LiPo charger, capable of charging 1-6s LiPo/LiHV batteries at up to 10A. It also has storage mode, wich is a must-have when using LiPo's. Also, from what I've heared, it's reliable.

Advice #1, buy it when you are in the US, do not buy overseas as prices are higher.

I use Spektrum DX5C, need an RX. Others use FlySky, both are good choices.

You can buy at Horizonhobby, Towerhobbies, Amain hobbies or my go-to is always Amazon or ebay.

Lipo:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/whats-your-budget-lipo-of-choice.218/page-34#post-400399

Charger:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/recommend-me-a-battery-charger.1079/

Servo:
I personally use the DS3225 (180 degree) from Amazon but these are on chinese sites, ebay and Amazon. Others prefer the 35kg version.
Other extreme is the Savox or other more exostic brands for ~$100-140
JX are easily available as well > Amazon, ebay. I don't use them but liink is to a random JX servo
https://www.amazon.com/Ecoboost-CLS6336HV-180Degree-DigitalCoreless-Helicopter/dp/B07NMTGJCY

Cheapest solution and holds up like more expensive versions.
https://www.amazon.com/DS3225-25KG-Degree-Digital-Servo/dp/B07QXWFFFJ

Overall, parts availability is a lot better but if stuff is out of stock it's simply not available.
Shipping from china is 3-4 weeks. Amazon prime is typically within the same week or next day.

I have the SkyRC charger. I like it and it is great for charging two 5000mAh 3S batteries at the same time. It is not powerful enough if you are looking at charging two 6S batteries at 1C. It will work, but it will charge at a rate lower than 1C.

I would also consider the Spektrum S2100 Smart charger. I don’t have experience with it, but it seems pretty nice. Others may have things to say about it.

I'd be charging 2, 3, 4 and 6s LiPo's. I could get a cheap additional charger, and discharge them with the SkyRC for storage mode.

I’ll just get a D100. I think it would charge enough. I usually empty 1-2 packs per car

You should invest into one of those non-crashing car types :ROFLMAO:
Believe it or not, I ran my 6000mah packs to storage today without a single part broken or crash ????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back